New York

Someone to steam my dress?

Good morning ladies!

Does anyone know of a bridal salon or seamstress near Geneva, NY that would steam my dress for me?  We are driving it cross-country and I'd like to get it steamed before our ceremony.  I'd do it myself but honestly I'm a nervous nelly about that stuff and would rather have a professional do it so I don't risk destroying the dress. 

Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Someone to steam my dress?

• edited December 2011
    David's Bridal will steam dresses for a fee. Oh and many seamstresses and dry cleaners will do it too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Geneva, eh?  This is definitely an Emierose or Raes question...

EMIE!!!!  RAES!!!!!  Where are you???
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The dry cleaner I use is K & L Cleaners, they are on Wadsworth Street in Geneva.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    When in Geneva, our family uses Osman's tailoring and dry cleaning, it's on Hamilton in Geneva, and we swear by them. The address is 481 Hamilton St.

Also, I know you said your FI is from Webster right? My FI's parents own Webster Cleaners if you are going to be over that way.. that are on North St. and are AMAZING. (not that I'm biased). If you want to go there, let me know and I'll make sure you get the "friends and family discount", hehe..
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emie, is that the place behind Ling Lings?
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    yup! We've been going there since I was little .. it's a small family owned business, and they are really wonderful people, they do amazing alterations there too.
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    That's such a nice offer Emie!  And thank you everyone for the recommendations.  I had never really thought to have a dry cleaner steam my dress... out here it's been done by my bridal salon and again by my seamstress.  Have you guys used a dry cleaner for steaming your wedding dress?  I get so nervous after hearing horror stories about water spots and such. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I know that Webster Cleaners (my FI's family's shop) actually specializes in dress preservation, and they know more about taking care of wedding dresses and materials then the shops around here do.
    Several of my girlfriends have taken their dresses in for cleanings/steamings/preservation and have come out excellent. Just check the shop's reputation and specialization first.
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards