Michigan-Detroit

Centerpiece Opinion

Okay I think I finished my centerpiece mockup. I need your opinions. I like it... there are a few things I want to "clean up", but overall I love the way it has turned out. FI doesn't like the ribbon wrapped around the top of the vase... what do you guys think? I like it... and I really have no other way to hide the bouquet "stick"... I guess I could cut pomander balls in half and put the peacock feathers in there... so do you think that would look better? Or would it be too naked that way? [img]http://tinyurl.com/m49sss[/img] [img]http://tinyurl.com/ksg9nn[/img] [img]http://tinyurl.com/lg756w[/img] [img]http://tinyurl.com/nqc47f[/img] [img]http://tinyurl.com/m6ho5d[/img] [img]http://tinyurl.com/n3kfl5[/img]
My baby Sir Winston Churchill and I
My Bio Updated 10/6/09 with tons more DIY
229 Invited to the Greatest Wedding Evarimage 137 Are my Homies 4 Lifeimage 9 Are trying to drive me nuts image Somehow I lost the part with the declines... but I have 83 declines... eww a bit more than expected.

Re: Centerpiece Opinion

• edited December 2011
    IMHO - I think it's very pretty. The ribbon kind does look out of place. Maybe change the color of the ribbon to tone it done a bit since the centerpiece is already extravagent?????
  • edited December 2011
    What about spray painting your vases a different color so you can't see the stems? I found some stuff at Michaels I am going to try to spray paint my vases with so they are matte gold. I can let you know if it works ok? I do think your centerpieces look very pretty though! :-)
    Trying for #1 since 5/2010
    12/2010-hysteroscopy done to remove uterine polyps
    6/2/11=BFP!!!!
    EDD 2/12/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jujubee455jujubee455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aldarr - yeah let me know about the spray paint... I hadn't thought about that, its not a bad idea.
    229 Invited to the Greatest Wedding Evarimage 137 Are my Homies 4 Lifeimage 9 Are trying to drive me nuts image Somehow I lost the part with the declines... but I have 83 declines... eww a bit more than expected.
  • edited December 2011
    I would maybe try to spray paint the vases. I think the ribbon really takes away from the feathers because my eye is only drawn to that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE that! I agree about the spray paint though. I am thinking about doing the same with my vases. I hope mine turn out half that good! Makes me want to work on them right now! Lol. GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • l&bbabyl&bbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I am not really a fan of the ribbon either, but I LOVE everything else about them. Def. a great idea to try and spray paint them. I think that might do the trick and not take away from the centerpiece like it does with the ribbon.
  • edited December 2011
    Oooh I think it would be a hot finishing touch to paint the vases a shiny black. It would really make the iridescent feathers pop!
  • edited December 2011
    I am probably going to go to Michaels tonight. I will let you know how the vase turns out. :-)
    Trying for #1 since 5/2010
    12/2010-hysteroscopy done to remove uterine polyps
    6/2/11=BFP!!!!
    EDD 2/12/12
  • edited December 2011
    How they typically do the floral arrangements is putting them in a almost cake pan looking thing and cover it up using the flowers and sit it on top.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree! Paint them. :) Or fill it with something like fish gravel (that's what I'm doing for mine.)
  • efabianefabian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love them! I do have to agree with pp though, at first glance my eye is automatically drawn to the ribbon... and my first reaction was "what the H is that blue thing?"  lol. I have to admit I was working and on the phone so it was a quick glance.I would spray paint or fill the vases. You could also use the blue ribbon around the feathers themselves and put it into the vase, that way it wouldn't be a main focus on the outside of the vase. My favorite suggestion so far has been to spray paint it shiny black though, that sounds pretty. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I actually like the ribbon... but I'm also a fan of the spray painting idea because the bottom just looks a little empty in there and with spray paint it wouldn't look empty.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • elkayelkay member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The feather bunch is great! I agree with PPs that the ribbon as it looks in pics is a distraction though. Based on pics and what I see you list as your colors, I'd use a matte plum or brown-ish ribbon to blend with feathers, and change crystal drops to smaller green or gold crystals to emphasize the accent color in the feathers. I've never understood what keeps these tall vases from being top-heavy either - my lack of experience with them. So the fish-gravel filler (maybe check garden centers for larger cheaper amounts of colored landscape gravel) sounds like a good idea to me. I'd still aim at brown-ish for that though.
  • liza0828liza0828 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they look cool! I agree though, put some sand or gravel in it... I would be worried it might topple over. If you like the ribbon look, you could make it go all the way down the vase.
  • edited December 2011
    I love it! What if you extented the ribbon down,or used a different color,maybe a brown or beige? Did you use a styrofoam ball?
  • renate2162renate2162 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the peacock feathers look really cool!  I do not like the ribbon, nor do I like the idea of spray painting the vase.  I would try and stick them in a styrofoam base or something.  Play around with it.  Also, Is it standing on some kind of base or mirror?  Not really a fan of that either.  Also, the crystals seem a little...out of place?  The peacock feathers just seem so big and beautiful that the ribbon and crystals really distract from it.  Play around with it a little, and you will perfect it!
  • jujubee455jujubee455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all your opinions ladies!!! You know I don't really like the idea of gravel or rocks. I did try it with those acrylic crystals and they looked great, but it was hard to stuff the bouquet holder in... and it was too much with the hanging crystals, and I really wanted the hanging ones. I think I will try the spray painting next, and try a different holder, like a ball, or half ball. Much appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards