Canada
Options

What to do with the dress

My wedding is over, and I am not paying to shove my dress in a box, for no reason.  I will not have a daughter to wear my dress, and we all know, the chances of a daughter actually wanting to wear it are very low.I don't know if I should try to sell my dress to someone else?  Or donate it to a good cause.Does anyone know if there is a Canadian charity that does this sort of thing?  Brides against Breast Cander looks to be American, and I have to pay to ship the dress and the processing fee...and I can't afford that.Or, does anyone have any unique ideas how I can transform my dress into a keepsake?  I know one girl lined her basenette with her dress (but again, won't have, need one of these)Thanks in advance for you ideas/help.

Re: What to do with the dress

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're near Toronto, there's The Bride's Project. They take the money they raise and donate it for camps for kids that have cancer.[url]<a href="http://www.thebridesproject.com" rel='nofollow'>http://www.thebridesproject.com</a>[/url]
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    crysfacecrysface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try "Play it again Val" They are a consignment store for bridal wear. www.playitagainval.com
  • Options
    Witchys_WomanWitchys_Woman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was also going to say consignment. Is it an obvious looking wedding dress, if not maybe an organization that helps girls out for prom will take it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    carmen29carmen29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want something unique, but doesn't help anybody I have a suggestion for you.  In my area there is a photographer that does a 'trash the dress' photo session.  She takes the bride in her gown and takes pictures of it being destroyed!  It sounds horrible I know, but she has some great pictures!  You can check her out at eyemagine.ca
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards