Connecticut
Options

Northeast CT/Western Mass girls

My cousin lives in Agawam, and her wedding venue just went under and cancelled her May wedding. ugh! So we are scrambling to find a new venue- does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Northeast CT/Western Mass girls

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I am no help but your siggy pic is beautiful!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    how many guests? my sister had hers (45 guests) at butternuts restaurant in hadley (or s. hadley) and it was wonderful! great food, but they did their own dj-ing cause there wasnt alot of space.

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many people is she planning on having?  There are some really great places up there, but some are smaller.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at the Carriage House in Forest Park in Springfield, Ma.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not overly familiar with the area.  But I did attend a wedding at the Log Cabin (I think that's the name) in Holyoke.  Wedding was in mid-September last year and the ceremony was outdoors.  View was beautiful.  Since I am not familiar with your cousin's style/taste, budget or size of wedding not sure whether this would work.  But it is worth checking into if she didn't already. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    toure right, the log cabin is in holyoke. they also own the delaney house, which is a smaller venue. IMHO, the food was better at the log cabin, i thought it was very salty at the delaney house for both the wedding and the rehearsal dinner(couldnt finish the entree either night b/c of that), but other than that, they delaney house did a good job(i was in that wedding, so i was behind the scenes), they log cabin i was jsut a guest, but from that perspective everything went smoothly.
  • Options
    scubascaffscubascaff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls!
  • Options
    westrosewestrose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hotel NorthamptonSchool Street Bistro- WestfieldRanch- SouthwickSimsbury InnGarden House?- Look ParkLog CabinChez Josef- AgawamDelaney HouseHope that helps!I got married at School Street and it was perfect!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My reception was at A Villa Louisa in Bolton, CT They were fabulous and tons of stuff is included. www.avillalouisa.com
    Stroller Pushing,Doctor Respecting, Full Time Daycare Paying, Alone Time Appreciating,Boundary Setting Momma
    Jenny McCarthy = Former Playmate and MTV host
    Pediatrician = Doctor with extensive experience and education on children.
    Bumpies = Don't get me started!
    I know who I get my health advice from!
    What are you looking at?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm right near southwick & we are getting married at Crystal Peak in Winchester (Torrington area). Also looked at Oak Ridge Country Club in Feeding Hills.
    Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if she's keeping it small and is at all interested in a casual-ish wedding, check out Haight Brown Vineyard in Litchfield. mine was there and it was just perfect :)
  • Options
    fosterlizfosterliz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Blissful Meadows Golf Club in Uxbridge MAAll in all for about 150 people you can get married there for about $7000 to $9500 depending upon extras......
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards