Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Vegas Hair/MU

Hi ladies

I'm pretty new to this whole knot thing and the boards but I figured I would give it a try.  I'm getting married at Ceasar's Palace next August and I'm trying to figure out if I should get my hair/MU done at the salon there or have someone come to my hotel room.  What would you recommend and who?

Thanks ladies!!!

Re: Vegas Hair/MU

• Options
    tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are many posts about this topic.  While I have not gotten mine done yet, I can tell you who I'm going with...

I just booked the Glamsquad.  I have heard great reviews from many brides on here.  They have been great to talk to thus far.  They come to your room and do the hair and make up.  They do traditional make up or airbrush. 

Good luck and welcome to the boards. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I just booked Francesca Lombardo. http://www.beauty423.com/
    A lot of reviews from a handful of makeup/hair people. Most are very good reviews it seems like.

Photobucket
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using Francesca Lombardo.  I just had a hair & makeup trial last week and I was absolutely thrilled with her work.  Her pricing is very reasonable as well, she gave a great group rate for the rest of my bridal party.  I also think it's nice to have someone come to you, one less thing to have to stress over.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking for a makeup artist too! Are there any that include the trial in the price? I know in California there are some makeup artists that charge you so much for the trial, but then if you book with then they apply that amount towards your wedding day. Would love to know if anyone in Vegas offers something like that?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for the info!!  I've emailed Francesca to get information.  Glamsquad is my second choice.  I don't think I would be able to plan this wedding without these boards.  You ladies are fantastic:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I worked with Lori White. She charged $200 for hair and makeup, and that include a full trial a few days before the wedding.  She was great to work with.
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    I''ll also be using Francesca L for my wedding as well! She was great to communicate with! And Knotties just love her! I can't' wait to work with her! :) Other good ones that I looked into were Stevee Danielle and Amelia C. All these 3 are highly recommended! Good Luck! :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Stevee Danielle and she has a salon in town. I'm having them come to the hotel even though its less to go to her salon - I just dont want to drive with my veil! hahaha

Although you could go to a salon, if you're not familar with Las Vegas I strongly recommend paying the extra $$ to have someone come to your hotel to take care of you. You can't go wrong w either GS or Francesca - they're both highly recommended & in-demand.

FYI - the hotel salons can take care of you as well, but I personally wanted to have someone focused on wedding hair/makeup and not just haircuts/updos.  I'm sure they salon at Cesears would do a nice job, but I cant speak to their cost.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm another Francesca client, she'll be doing my hair/makeup for both my Boudoir session and wedding day, her prices were very reasonable as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Amelia C

www.amelia-c.com/Brides

I am getting hair only done by her.  I used to be a make-up artist and I prefer to do my own make-up.  2 of my bridesmaids are also getting their hair done by her too.  I choose her because her prices where comparable to glamsquad.  I am wearing my hair down and some pieces pulled back.  And based on each's galleries,her down hairstyles I preferred more.  I didn't even look into Francesca, because at the time I was looking someone posted on the board they had a problem with her.  But with this many brides using her, it must of been an acute event. 
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vegas-hairmu?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e4e39d71-0c6c-49b3-9edc-4b1453cfe25ePost:6fc0c33f-c9c7-4110-92c7-8b5c3b5c155c">Re: Vegas Hair/MU</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using Amelia C <a href="http://www.amelia-c.com/Brides" rel="nofollow">www.amelia-c.com/Brides</a> I am getting hair only done by her.  I used to be a make-up artist and I prefer to do my own make-up.  2 of my bridesmaids are also getting their hair done by her too.  I choose her because her prices where comparable to glamsquad.  I am wearing my hair down and some pieces pulled back.  And based on each's galleries,her down hairstyles I preferred more.  <strong>I didn't even look into Francesca, because at the time I was looking someone posted on the board they had a problem with her.  But with this many brides using her, it must of been an acute event. 
    </strong>Posted by formerlymeowmeow[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, the post you are referring to was pretty unfair because the bride hadn't signed a contract - I think she had originally booked Francesca for her wedding next year but then decided to elope last minute instead and Francesca wasn't available for her new date on such short notice.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Harmony Medina.. my trial was free and she charged 135 for hair and airbrushed makeup and she she charged my girls 80 for hair and makeup and for just hair/or makeup it was 50 dollars.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ninaq - Does Harmony Medina have a website? That's the lowest price I've seen..

Has anyone else used Harmony before? I would love to see more reviews

Also does anyone know how much Amelia C and Francesca charge for trials?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just booked Francesca because she was the quickest to get back to me and she got great reviews.  She quoted me $100 for consult but then she said if I did that she would discount on the day of the wedding. 
  • Options
    aliciabyrd03aliciabyrd03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am new to this as well and after having to put off our wedding from last April due to family members (2) in three weeks prior to wedding being diagnosied with rare and serious cancers, we are going to Vegas, Baby!!  Couldn't get married without the Matron of Honor or FI Grandmother, but now we decided to downsize it as they are all still heaing. 

Here is the MU artist webpage. 

http://harmonyartistry.weebly.com/

I ave no clue n so many things,so you all will see me here a bunch! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vegas-hairmu?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e4e39d71-0c6c-49b3-9edc-4b1453cfe25ePost:321fb9c0-21b9-4ca7-87be-8fcb8028ee54">Re: Vegas Hair/MU</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just booked Francesca because she was the quickest to get back to me and she got great reviews.  She quoted me $100 for consult but then she said if I did that she would discount on the day of the wedding. 
    Posted by lynnard82[/QUOTE]

Consultation fee? That must be something new.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards