Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Aruba/Bucuti/Dine Around meal plans questions

Has anyone been to Aruba and the Bucuti Beach Resort and purchased the Dine Around meal plan?  Is it worth the money or is it better to just go ahead and pay for the meals as you go?  Also, are there liquor stores there on the island instead of purchasing the liquor at the resort since it may be expensive????

Re: Aruba/Bucuti/Dine Around meal plans questions

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_arubabucutidine-around-meal-plans-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:7692f7d1-30f8-4d04-834e-6575d3f79761Post:8d18ad31-98c6-4701-b603-e85e30880747">Re: Aruba/Bucuti/Dine Around meal plans questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]If your going to Aruba I would suggest trying the many wonderful restaurants around the island.  The amount of options is unbelievable and the food has never disappointed my husband and I (we've been there three times and going again later this year).  There are liquor stores around the island....just ask a local (if renting a car) or a taxi driver and they'll take you.
    Posted by Cinderella30[/QUOTE]

Agreed!!!  Madame Jeanettes, El Gaucho, Flying Fishbone and Texas De Brazil (my fave) just to name a few!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have been to Aruba three times and stayed at Bucuti Beach Suites every time.  We have never purchased the dine around plan.  I agree with PPs, there are just too many great restaurants to restrict yourselves to those on the plan.

Here are our recommendations:
    1.  Bucuti for the "romantic" beach front dinner
    2.  The Old Man and the Sea (long cab ride, but worth it!)
    3.  Passions on the Beach
    4.  Chalet Suisse (German food, if you like that)
    5.  Matthew's Beachside (just a walk down the beach from Bucuti)

The great thing about Aruba is that there is always a new place to go for dinner.  Each time we've been, we have enjoyed 2 or 3 new places for dinner.   Yummy!
  • Options
    I love it.  Thank you!  We are so excited!  Have you ever stayed in the Tara wing?  Is there a big difference between the rooms/views of the penthouse and the regular Tara suite?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards