Mississippi
Options

Jackson Area Recommendations

Hello all, My name is Kate and my future hubby and I are getting married in the jackson area in March. Problem is I'm from LA and have to do the planning long-distance. Since I'm so far away I want to spend my meeting time with quality venders. Any good recommendations for: Photographer Makeup + Hair Limo Rental Bakery Florist I only have 6 months to plan, so any recommendations would be really helpful! Thanks so much in advance!!

Re: Jackson Area Recommendations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    James Edward Bates or Marianne Todd for photographers, both are great and do work in Jackson area - I'd get in touch with them real soon though.  James is www.jamesedwardbates.com and i dont know marianne's but you could google it.for cakes, try www.thecakediva.net florists- tulip is very popular- www.ilovetulip.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would recommend Banks Florist and Weddings in Jackson, if you're in the area.For cakes i would recommend, That Special Touch bakery.  Their cakes are so delicious and believe it or not, they are very reasonable in costs.For the photographer, i would recommend, Carlyn Photography.  You can go to the website at www.carlynphotography.com. You will get your money's worth.just email me if you have any questions at t_mclester@yahoo.com.  all of the resources i have given you are great.I almost forgot, the world com building in clinton, is an excellent choice for a ceremony and reception. the landscaping is beautiful outside and if you decide to have it on the inside, it is just as beautiful.  the cost is very very reasonable for the goal you are trying to achieve.  My wedding is in 9 days and i am using all of these vendors and they are doing an excellent job.Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kate! I am getting married in April. So, I am in the midst of booking vendors. Definitely schedule a meeting with That Special Touch for your cake. Cake Diva is great, but That Special Touch is just as great and a reasonable price. I recommend Fresh Cut by Wendy Putt for a caterer/florist. She does it all. Photographers- there are a lot. It depends on your budget. Google websites for the following:Alisa ChapmanChao PhotographyAdam HudsonMarianne ToddFollowelKevin BeasleyGood luck with your planning!
  • Options
    DboysGirlDboysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually have a friend that worked with Kevin Beasley for a while and recommend him a lot!!!  I would check him out!
  • Options
    tinale7tinale7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Amy Head for make-up.  As far as for hair, I am still looking for someone myself. Photographer - Karla Pound - Pound Photography Florist - I'd also recommend Tulip Design Studio Cake - Cake Diva's are delicious, but I've also been recommended to Cakes by Iris
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards