Michigan-Grand Rapids

Ceremony Site In/Near Grand Rapids

I am looking for ideas for a ceremony site in/near Grand Rapids.  Our wedding date is April 10, 2010.  Our reception site is The Bluff on 28th street.  We can do the ceremony right at The Bluff with the guests seated at their tables, which is fine, but we are looking for alternative ideas.I was raised Catholic, but am not practicing and am not big on the whole church thing.  I consider myself more non-denominational and would not be totally opposed to a non-denominational church.  I would mostly prefer a non-church setting though.Our budget would be around $1,000 (maybe slightly higher) although I would like to spend less.  Does anyone have any ideas for me?Thanks,Marie

Re: Ceremony Site In/Near Grand Rapids

• gummifaultiergummifaultier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Although it is a church, check out Fountain Street Church. It's nondenominational, downtown GR, and BEAUTIFUL. I had a friend that got married there recently. I don't know how much it is. The officiant my friend had was not churchy at all and he probably is pretty accommodating with the ceremony. It was CaptainStarlet if she still checks the Knot.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the suggestion...I checked it out online.  The church is gorgeous, but unfortunately way too pricey at $1800.  Now if I won the lotto, it would be fantastic, but I don't think that is likely anytime soon.Thanks for the suggestion though!Marie:)
  • edited December 2011
    That is the church I loved also! The price, that is a different story...I know how you feel.:-) Keep looking...there's a lot of different places out there.
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Thornapple Pointe Golf Club which is probably about 15 min. from the Bluff.  You can get married in the clubhouse, on their patio, or in their pavilion and the prices are very reasonable.  I would check it out!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion...I just sent an email to Thornapple Pointe to check out what they have available and their rates.Thanks,Marie
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion.  That looks like a really nice place.  We decided to go with The Grand Orchid Room at Frederik Meijer Gardens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards