New York

Syracuse NY Venues

I am planning a wedding for summer 2011 and I am looking for a venue in Syracuse or somewhere near Syracuse... Any ideas, my fiance would prefer on the water if possible, but if it's beautiful and the right place he will compromise.

Re: Syracuse NY Venues

• lisainthecuselisainthecuse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to head to Geneva/Finger Lakes, you can check out Belhurst Castle, Geneva on the Lake and Esperanza Mansion.  The Lodge in Skaneateles is not on the lake, but close. 
    Other venues in Syracuse not by water:  Justin's Grill. Traditions, Craftsman House/Limestone Grill, and LaFayette Hills Country Club. 
  • jodylynn78jodylynn78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Red Mill Inn, in Baldwinsville. It's on the river.
  • edited December 2011
    I also had my reception at the Red Mill Inn - its probably the closest place to Syracuse proper that is actually on the water..... its on the seneca river.
  • SSBT2010SSBT2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at Camp Brockway at Pratt's Falls Park.  It's not by the water, but the lodge is beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your suggestions !! I have been looking in Cicero, Bville and Cazenovia a lot!
  • edited December 2011

I am getting Married in September at Emerson Park in Auburn, Our ceremony will be right on the water and then there is a large pavillion for the reception. I finally visited there and it really is beautiful. The dates book fast so you would want to look into it quickly! Good Luck... Cazenovia is beautiflu too... I am sure you will find something!

• hvnlydevilhvnlydevil member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding at Landmark Theatre (they also do receotions) and our reception at Camp Brockway.
  • edited December 2011
    You sound as though you were looking for a place similar to mine.  I searched many places in the Central NY area...  Take a look at Borio's Restaurant its right on Oneida Lake in Cicero.  I also suggest taking a look at Arrowhead Lodge its a lodge in Oneida Shores... also in Cicero.

http://onondagacountyparks.com/banquets-weddings

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions I think we are going to look into Camp Brockway and a couple of other places. Has anyone heard anything or visited Castaways in Brewerton? I haven't visited yet, but they are very well priced. Any thoughts?
  • edited December 2011
     We are having are reception at Traditions at the links in East Syracuse. Very beautiful location and staff is very good to deal with so far.
    " Live Laugh Love " Cherish the ones who treat you right and forget the ones who dont
  • What did you end up thinking about Traditions at the Links? My fiancé and I are thinking about booking there for our reception and would love to get some firsthand feedback about the venue and the staff! Anything positive or negative you would like to share we would appreciate!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards