Michigan-Lansing

Lansing area photographers

So, I am really stuck on what to do about a photographer.  There are number in this area to choose from, but I don't know where to begin.  My question to all of you is this:  Who did you go with and why?  Was your experience a success?  Was it worth the price.Thanks for the input!

Re: Lansing area photographers

• T&A430T&A430 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked with Marvin Hall Photography. Main reason I chose him was because he could make my FI talk... which is rare from people he doesn't know. He does all sorts of photography and his pricing is pretty average from what I found. Some things to consider with him: 1) Included in the price you get two photographers - Marvin and an assistant so you can get photos of both parties getting ready and stuff like that. 2) He's an independent contractor so you know you'll be working with him. 3) If you get anything but the basic package, the engagement session is included - and you get two photo sessions for that 4) You get a CD with all of your touched-up pictures and reprint rights at the end. Read: He deletes the pictures that he does not touch up but I still got over 100 from my first e-session alone so the selection is still large. 5) He doesn't do a lot of posed pictures. I like that because it makes the pictures look more natural but at the same time some people like to be 'posed' for photos.
  • edited December 2011
    I chose Save the Moments Photography. www.savethemoments.com Jeff and Alicia run their own business and have a lot of packages to choose from with just Jeff or with Jeff and Alicia both doing the photography. I chose to go with Jeff and Alicia together because many packages include A DISK WITH PRINTING RIGHTS. (this was a must have) engagement photos, parent packages, and their albums are the best around for the money. My best friend used them and she had over 800 photos. As for the price of photography you will not be sorry for the money you spend no matter who you pick. Just remember that there are many cheap photographers and you usually get what you pay for.
  • nbeas89nbeas89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I decided to use Michaels Studio of Lansing. Michael Schreiner is the owner and photographer. Here is his website: www.michaelsstudiooflansing.com. I have to admit though, I don't think his website does him justice.I chose to go with Mike because you can see from his work, he has a great talent for photography. After meeting with Mike with my fiance, he was very detailed about how the day/evening would go and what he would be doing for us. He gave me full confidence (and my fiance's) that he would do an amazing job. He was also very familar with our venue, so he was telling us all the best/worst places to take photos, which was very important to me. He's very professional and his work shows that. His pricing is very fair too.  Before leaving our meeting with Mike, he said to us that the most important thing for my fiance and I to remember the day of, is to have fun. He said to leave the photography details to him. For some reason, after seeing his work and meeting him, I knew we would have beautiful pictures! I'm thrilled we're using him and I know others would like his work as well.
  • cutemary007cutemary007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked our photographer, Sarah Osborn Photography. We just got our engagement photos back and they turned out AMAZING!! She was soooooo affordable and wonderful!! THere are a few of my engagement photos in my signature below so you can see her work. I was really torn on photographers too. Anyone that I looked at that I really loved was 2k or more. I seriously cant afford that right now. Let me just tell you that Sarah....was WAY affordable. And her work....some of the best I've seen. Her # is (517) 402-2109. You can also see more of her work on her FB business page. She has weddings, engagements and a whole bunch of things on there. Just search Sarah Osborn Photography on Facebook. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards