Maine

Quick post-event check in...

Hello Ladies!Since my "honeymoon" is nursing school, I'm busy catching up after 4 days of not doing any schoolwork and only doing wedding stuff, so I'm making this short and then I'll give my vendor reviews and such later this week.It was AWESOME!!! None of the "mess-ups" were major, so that was great. The weather cleared up nicely just in time for us. My brother (who agreed to get ordained just for my event) was PHENOMENAL and had even the DJ tearing up. Everyone looked beautiful. The few flowers I had looked exquisite. The DJ ROCKED. The party was a blast. My father-daughter dance brought the house down (we had everyone clapping during the dance). My grandparents were floored that they were the last two dancing during the generations dance by 3 generations (they've been married for 71 years). The kids were precious (and all well-behaved!)-- one of my DH's cousin's little boys was in love with me because he thought I was a real-life Disney princess (how great is THAT feeling?!). I couldn't be happier (well, if I didn't have to go to school this morning, I would be). All my hard work was rewarded-- my centerpieces were a hit, as was the card box.And the food was delicious-- lots of compliments on that, as well.I'd love to hear from the other brides, though. I was thinking of you all on Saturday during the intermittent rain showers...
"Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW

Re: Quick post-event check in...

• edited December 2011
    Yayyyyy!!!! I'm so glad we both had such awesome days!! I can't wait to see your pictures!!!
  • Torir911Torir911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad your day went well :) I can't wait to see photos!
  • mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So happy for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome!  I am so glad you had such an awesome day!  And that's amazing that your grandparents have been married for 71 years - WOW!
    Planning bio My DIY blog The Maine Bio

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Jaime has read 18 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    Yay, that sounds like an awesome night (day?)! Glad everything went well! What did you do for the father-daughter dance that brought the house down?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, man! Our father-daughter dance was AWESOME! LOLWe started out with some sappy tune (I don't even know what song it was-- I told the DJ to pick it out) and we started dancing for about 15 seconds. Then I looked over at the dj, told him this wasn't working for us and could he try something else (all loud enough for people to hear). Then my dad I rocked out to "Old Time Rock & Roll" by Bob Seger.
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations. It sounds like it was a beautiful day. I can't wait to see pics!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! It sounds like you had such a fun, wonderful day! And I love that you got to be a "real princess" and your grandparents outlasted the other generations. How awesome! Good luck transitioning back to school.
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds like a great father-daughter dance!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards