Military Brides

Dogtags and bouquet

I have a set of FI's dogtags that have my first engagement ring, his tags, and a tag that says" I belong to a soldier" Would it be stupid to have them wrapped around the handle of my bouquet?

I used to have a really good picture of this but I can't seem to find it.. Off to google and I'll post my inspiration

ETA: add link and picture

Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

Re: Dogtags and bouquet

• edited December 2011
    I tend to dislike anything that says "I belong to.." or "Property of:..."  My car belongs to me. My parents home is their Property. Does your FI own you? Did you come with a title or a deed? Can he take you back to the store if you don't work out? 

It's your bouquet. For your wedding day. Do what you want, but I think that's stupid, just like I think those t-shirts, necklaces, stuff like that is stupid.  That's up there with "martyr" stickers.
    Photobucket
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_dogtags-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a939fa6d-76c2-4b07-8b3b-f4214a1902e1Post:5dffd92c-974b-4fa2-b07d-ea6049f647e7">Re: Dogtags and bouquet</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tend to dislike anything that says "I belong to.." or "Property of:..."  My car belongs to me. My parents home is their Property. Does your FI own you? Did you come with a title or a deed? Can he take you back to the store if you don't work out?  It's your bouquet. For your wedding day. Do what you want, but I think that's stupid, just like I think those t-shirts, necklaces, stuff like that is stupid.  That's up there with "martyr" stickers.
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]
    I'm actually thinking about taking the "I belong to" thing off now.<div>
    </div><div>I never thought of the "I belong to.." stuff like that. The "property off.." crap bugs the hell out of me. </div><div>
    </div>
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, the dogtags on the bouquet is totally up to you and your style.

I, personally, wouldn't do it because my husband was at my wedding so I didn't really need to put his dogtags around my bouquet. I tend to think things wrapped around the bouquet are meant as a remembrance for someone (grandmother not living, things like that).

BUT, if you like the idea, go for it.

I also agree with Sami- I definitely don't like the belong to thing. I belong to myself. :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Actually you guys belong to me. True story
  • edited December 2011
    True story.. I'll accept that GG!
    Photobucket
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely like to concept of attaching personal things to your boquet though--I had my great grandmother's brooch in there that I borrowed from my mom--it was really special!
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's your boquet, do whatever you please with it. Although I think that's a bit too much, seems like what 3 or 4 things you want to attach? 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_dogtags-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a939fa6d-76c2-4b07-8b3b-f4214a1902e1Post:04b687f4-77ef-4585-9c6b-2528e68c2ab5">Re: Dogtags and bouquet</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's your boquet, do whatever you please with it. Although I think that's a bit too much, seems like what 3 or 4 things you want to attach? 
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]
    They are all on the same chain with the dog tags. I took off the "I belong to." thing
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I plan to wrap the Rosery that my FI made for me around my bouquet. He hand made it for me the first month of dating, and I really just love it. So, I am a fan of making your bouquet special.

Do what you want, you don't need us to justify your ideas.

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do it.  Just because the only time H wears his is when he is deployed or doing some other things job related.  I just think of dog tags an identifing things in case of injury or death.  I just don't like anything that is even shaped like them.  Just my opinion. 

I do agree with Irish and Hike about adding something that remembering someone that has passed away. 

Again it is your wedding and your boquet. 

GG- I gladly accept.  Laughing
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_dogtags-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a939fa6d-76c2-4b07-8b3b-f4214a1902e1Post:da68d3f2-e24d-4bfa-baa2-f01ae3d5157b">Re: Dogtags and bouquet</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't do it.  Just because the only time H wears his is when he is deployed or doing some other things job related.  I just think of dog tags an identifing things in case of injury or death.  I just don't like anything that is even shaped like them.  Just my opinion.  I<strong> do agree with Irish and Hike about adding something that remembering someone that has passed away.  </strong>Again it is your wedding and your boquet.  GG- I gladly accept. 
    Posted by crownsuperstar[/QUOTE]
    I'm actually carrying a picture of my best friend. 
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Then I would just go with that. I mean, you're marrying the man, you don't really need anything identifying him, kwim? 
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also feel like a bouquet charm is meant to honor someone.  A little picture tucked into a locket tied on the bouquet of your friend who has passed would be a touching reminder without being too focused on the sad. 

For me, I'm going to have a piece of the lace from my Mom's dress wrapped around my bouquet.  She's still alive (thank goodness), but I feel like it's a nice way to honor the important role she's played in my life.  Doesn't have to be a memorial, but I also think it's odd to put something for your FI.

Honestly, though, at the end of the day, no one except you and your photographer is likely going to see anything on the bouquet.  You'll get a picture later, but you probably won't even have time to look at it.  Just do whatever you want, it's your wedding and that's one detail that affects no one but you.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_dogtags-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:a939fa6d-76c2-4b07-8b3b-f4214a1902e1Post:0c56224d-1511-414b-91a9-528ce3b51ec6">Re: Dogtags and bouquet</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually you guys belong to me. True story
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

I LOL HARD at this!
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

ID tags are used to identify the remains of dead soldiers.  They aren't jewlery.  I wouldn't want it in my bouquet, but it's your wedding.  If you're cool with it, it doesn't really matter what we think.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards