Florida-South Florida
Options

NWR - I did it, I bid on the house

As some of you know I've spent the last 3 days agonizing over finding an incredible house that I couldn't afford.It's a short sale so it's priced really well but still too much for me given my uncertainty regarding my financial future.WELL... I decided that I couldn't afford it at the price we were talking BUT that I would go ahead and put in a low ball offer and just see what happens. So I bid what I could afford which is really the most I can do. I doubt the bank will accept it but I guess It's worth a shot right?So I'm asking for some good vibes from you guys that this actually happens because I really want it to so so so much!Thanks for letting me share!

Re: NWR - I did it, I bid on the house

• Options
    edited December 2011
    fingers, toes, eyes, strands of hair crossed for you my love. I really hope this works out for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Knottie Vibes Jaime!!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Knottie vibes that it works out. Good for you for not bidding more than you can afford. Hopefully it will pay off and you will have the house you want at a price you can afford. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    knottie vibes that you'll have your dream home soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im sleeping over everynight and swimming naked in that amazing pool. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thats a good compromise!! vibes to you hun!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GL!! I'll be crossing my fingers :)
  • Options
    MDA1081MDA1081 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Luck! *Fingers Crossed*
  • Options
    Kitty315Kitty315 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG Jaime!! I hope you get it at the price you're comfortable with.. I've turned myself into a pretzel for you!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Best of luck to you!!! We did the same thing recently and the only piece of advice I can offer up is to PRACTICE PATIENCE!!!! The short sale process takes an eternity - or at least it seems, but it is well worth it when you get your dream house!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (and me)!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh!! GL!! You never know, right?? I wanna see pictures!!
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fingers crossed for you KatandCliff...To be honest... I don't mind waiting b/c really I'd rather move in after the honeymoon so I'm kind of HOPING it will take a long time but the realtor seems to think it will happen before the end of the year b/c the bank wants to get it off the books and have the money freed up!That may be the case for you too... how long have you been waiting?OMG I'm a nervous ball of energy right now and they haven't even submitted my offer to the stinkin' bank yet! AHHHHHH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vibes all for you! GL.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HEY!! AWESOME AWESOME. SO SO EXCITING. I can't wait to do this myself. This is one of the most exciting times in life. I know home buying must be stressful but it's so fun at the same time :)Can you mua mail me pics of the house?!   Yay for you. At least it's been THREE agonizing days, as opposed to some people's 6-7-8 months of it.
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll keep my fingers, eyes, and toes crossed for you.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We put an offer in at the end of June. It took the seller about 2 weeks to approve the offer before it was sent to the bank and then the bank has 60 days.... unfortunately those are banking days and with the weekends and the holidays it seems like it is taking forever! We are supposed to know something by the end of this month. Ideally we need to close at least by the end of November to take advantage of the first time home buyers credit (cause who can't use an extra $8K - especially when we're paying for a wedding)!!! Wishing you nothing but luck!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!so smart in putting in the offer you can afford - omg, I feel like I just bid on a house!!!!!keep us posted - sometimes the banks just want to get rid of them - let's pray that's the case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ROSH HASHANA VIBES LADY! lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whipping up a HUGE batch of vibes for you! Fingers and toes crossed in pretzels...
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!  So happy for you.  Knottie vibes your way!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everything I can possibly cross is crossed and I hope that the bank accepts your offer! GL!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! I'll have my mom light a candle for you...lol! The great thing is that you'll be eligible for the 8k 1st time home buyer credit, right? Or have you brought before?Good luck, Grape Jam.
  • Options
    RhiannonBRhiannonB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exciting! HUGE knottie vibes for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If this house was meant for you, you will certainly get it! If not, trust me, your dream house is out there. I will be praying about this!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I WISH I was eligible for the 8K but I'm not b/c my father has me on the deed to the apt I live in which they own. Who knew it woudl bite me in the butt.Trying not to get my hopes up b/c the realtor doesn't sound too confident... I do believe if it's meant to be it will be but I don't know that it will happen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend has the same issue (her Fiance already brought his apartment) but since they're not getting married until next year, they're just putting it under her name. Is putting it under Matty's name an option?
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck Jaime!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    clovonneptclovonnept member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck, I'm crossing my fingers for you!! Does the $8k offer first-time homebuyer offer go away sometime soon? I'm not in the market yet but may be next year....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! I hope everything works out well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards