Retro and Vintage Weddings

Rockabilly Wedding

My Fiance and I are planning a Rockabilly style wedding but are kinda stuck on ideas. Any ideas would be great. I do know we are considering our 1936 "Rat Rod" to be at the altar if we do a Backyardish wedding.

Re: Rockabilly Wedding

• OMG! i love rockabilly and we are having a rockabilly wedding too! i can tell you how to do it on any budget! i will gladly help! take a look at my bio and pics that are up so far! I LOVE ROCKABILLY!!!!!! and congrats!!!!!!!
  • i think you now have to post a picture of the rat rod... seriously, I wanna see.
    anyway here are a couple ideas
    cute invites
    http://www.antibride.com/tattoo-i-do-retro-rockabilly-wedding-invitations-for-rocker-brides/

an awesome store for all things rockabilly attire
    http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/cufflinks.html

a cute article with lots of photos
    http://cachicdesign.com/blog/trends/retro-wedding-the-heart-of-rock-n-roll-still-beats/

and a ruffled blog ( I love ruffled blog)
    http://ruffledblog.com/2009/03/a-rockabilly-wedding/
  • im just gonna throw polka dots out there. since im obsessed. see my married bio for some pics!!!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • This site has some neat ideas for Rockabilly brides:
    Rockabilly Weddings

These are some retro dresses:
    Dolly Couture
    Unique vintage- also good for BM dresses too!

And the site where you can find almost anything your heart desires OR have someone make it for you:
    Etsy.com *My Personal Favorite*
    *Katie & David* July 22nd 2011 Our Shindig and Blog Updated Weekly! Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Photos are Posted:)
  • I just fell in love with unique vintage i love the off white halter dress its so 1950s literally
  • polka dots!  red & black!    sparrows,  hearts, tattoo style invites
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi ladies...my first post here. FI& I are doing a rockabilly/ pin up wedding.

I got my wedding dress at pinupgirlclothing.com
    It would also work really well for BM dresses as well.
    Check out my pics...I believe the dress comes in white as well :)
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe
  • did you see my ideas on pinstriping? Pinstipe everything! lol...We have a rat rod theam develpoing too! Not only do we love rockabilly and car culture but we met at an all rat rod car show....I love the idea of using the rat rod as the alter!
  • oh totaly forgot to mention we are going to do flowers in cowboy boots for the reception table centerpeices...we have a country/rockabilly band playing at the reception (they are prsonal friends) and I will be changing to cowboy boots with my dress...and my FI will be wearing a nudie style suit. We also need some more country/rockabilly ideas for the reception.....
  • LOVE this thread, thanks so much for the info! We've got the fashion pretty much set, but I need help with DECOR!! Any ideas?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_rockabilly-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:667Discussion:6cab7532-57d8-4739-aa33-f37b4313bbd1Post:0c7a27b0-ff88-4dcf-b03f-20c60fcd90a6">Re: Rockabilly Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG! i love rockabilly and we are having a rockabilly wedding too! i can tell you how to do it on any budget! i will gladly help! take a look at my bio and pics that are up so far! I LOVE ROCKABILLY!!!!!! and congrats!!!!!!!
    Posted by jlmeier5[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Can you help me too? I keep looking at everything and wow out of my price range! </div>
  • We are planning a rockabilly wedding also. This is an old post, so I am not sure if you already have your plans (or if your wedding already happened), but here are some ideas I have been incorporating into my wedding.... 

Polka Dots: On the wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses, ties, tablecloths, cake, everything polka dots! Zebra print works here too!

Guitar Picks: We had custom guitar picks made up for wedding favors. It helps that my fiancee and I are both guitarists, and are playing guitar at the wedding. 

Tattoos: We made up temporary tattoos also, that we are scattering on the tables with wet wipes for application. Who doesn't love temporary tattoos? Go with a classic "pinup" design.

Gotta go all out with the hair: Its rockabilly. Gotta do your hair up. Victory rolls, pin curls, whatever... bonus points for splashes of funky color in your locks.

Theme: Carnival themes are cute, with cotton candy and popcorn (done right, it can be elegant and vintage feeling)... or go for "Pinup".

Invitations: If you have the patience, means, and money, try sending your invitations on albums. Get old albums from the thrift store or garage sale (bonus points for the little ones), and make your own labels with the information for your wedding, and more on the "sleeve". Invite everyone to bring their records and play them at the wedding!

Good luck!
  • I have a friend that makes the most amazing hair pieces. Fascinators, bows, veils... She's making me a lime green birdcage veil with a big beautiful flower and a custom designed sugarskull in the middle. Its sparkly and fantastic! She also specializes in Rockabilly type pieces. Very good prices also! Let me know if you want her number!
    In Response to Re: Rockabilly Wedding:
    OMG! i love rockabilly and we are having a rockabilly wedding too! i can tell you how to do it on any budget! i will gladly help! take a look at my bio and pics that are up so far! I LOVE ROCKABILLY!!!!!! and congrats!!!!!!!
    Posted by jlmeier5

Can you help me too? I keep looking at everything and wow out of my price range! 

• Where is your friend located and what's her price range?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards