Colorado

Very Inexpensive Wedding Venues

What are some very inexpensive venue ideas (preferably with a good view) for Northern Colorado (Boulder, Longmont, Loveland, Fort Collins)?  About how much for a guest list of 50?

Re: Very Inexpensive Wedding Venues

• edited December 2011
    I'm not really sure about this. Are you looking for just a building or do you want something that also caters. I had a hard time finding a venue that just had a view outside, not even of the mountains and had a hard enough time with that. I ended up going with the Marriott of Fort Collins, but I used their outdoor pavillion, but that won't really work since you are getting married in Feb. I pretty much tore apart Loveland/Fort Collins, so I don't think you will find what you want their. Greely doesn't really have a view of the mountains, they are too far east. Have you thought about just going up to the mountians? Estes might have something that works or one of the small town around their. I think your best bet is to look around Boulder and Longmont. Have you considered moving your wedding to a warmer time of the year? That way you could use a park and achieve the cheap mountian vistas. You could contact the Girl Scout office in Denver (Girl Scouts of Colorado) and ask about using one of their camps. Although, I'm not sure how accessible they will be in Feb. If you want, I can send you my links for the things I found around Loveland and Fort Collins. They will either be cheap, or they will have mountain views. You can e-mail me at blackfire5th at yahoo dot com.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • kateereidkateereid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey - Saw your question. I am actually a wedding planner and getting married myself. I do all of the weddings at the Hilton in Fort Collins. We offer very inexpensive/all inclusive package options. There are great picture opportunities at the Gardens on Spring Creek, directly accross the street, who we actually partner with. We also have had beautiful shots taken in our concierge lounge on the 9th floor of the hotel - indoors. I'd love to invite you in and show you around. Let me know if you are interested. 970-494-2943. Congratulations on your Engagement!
  • JennyM10JennyM10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go check out the Chautauqua Green. It's absolutely beautiful and very inexpensive. They only charge a couple hundred to reserve but then you have to supply chairs, arbor, etc. Boulder Open Space has some really cool locations up Flagstaff Mtn as well. Check out their website for more info. Good luck!
  • nelsonk25nelsonk25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help.  At this point, we're still talking rings with no ring actually on my finger.  So, I really don't know if it will be a winter/fall wedding or a spring/summer wedding.  I'm trying to figure out what kind of reception/venue I can get and how much I need to budget for it.  So, I'm looking for inexpensive (aren't most people though?)
  • princeatudeprinceatude member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check into Elks lodges. We are using the evergreen elks lodge and we rented it for $1200 for the whole weekend. If you just rented the room it was like 700. If you join the "elks" or have someone in the family that is a member you get 30% off. They are in every city and what is nice is that they allow you to do your own food if that is what you are looking for.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm actually looking at the Senior Center in Fort Collins. their multi use room rates are $40/hour and there is a $100 set-up fee for weddings. If I remember correctly, the room overlooks Rolland Moore Park. Go to the the City of Fort Collins web page, departments, recreation and then Fort Collins Senior Center. i don't know how to do clicky links but here one to cut and paste: http://www.fcgov.com/recreation/seniorcenter.php You would have to bring in your own caterer, and use their bar vendor, but they seem reasonable to me. They also have all the dishes, glasses silverware and linens that you would need.
    Shellie & Ken 10-22-11
  • bhladky1bhladky1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mc C Ranch is only $1500 for everything up to 300 people and pretty much includes everything....chairs, tables, 3 days to decorate. Its a nice private ranch in masonville near loveland
  • eclipse9420eclipse9420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a venue out side of Loveland called Backbone event center that has a great view of the devil's backbone. It was pretty inexpensive from what I remember
  • edited December 2011
     I am too am looking for a site, outdoors is what I want. Plan on very end of August for wedding.  We have next to no money, and want to be able to do our own food. But want natural beauty of the outdoors but really dont have any money. Dont want to go too far in the mtns, but as I said..dont have much $ at all.  Ideas?  We live in Firestone area
  • edited December 2011
    We are on a very small budget ourselves and found Chief Hosa Lodge to be the perfect place for us. Beautiful views, decent price compared to what we were looking at in the Boulder area (even though Cheif Hosa is Denver area). We could do everything ourselves with the biggest restriction being that if we chose to serve alcohol we had to have a licensed bartender. They have two areas outside for a ceremony and a small chapel inside in case the weather gets a bit crazy and a large patio outside if you don't want the reception completely inside.

We went and looked when it was snowing and the fireplaces were going inside and we just fell in love!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards