Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Poll! Sports and tailgating

Because it's Friday and I have a big weekend of football ahead of me :)1. Did you play a sport in school?2. Have you ever played an intramural sport outside of school?3. What's your favorite sport to play?4. What's your favorite sport to watch?5. What's the best sporting event you've ever been to?6. What's your favorite stadium/ arena?7. Do you like to tailgate?8. What are your food and beverage of choice while tailgating?9. Pink sports paraphenalia- love or hate?10. Have you ever been to the Olympics/ would you ever want to go?11. And, unrelated- what's for lunch?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
Vacation

Re: Poll! Sports and tailgating

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Did you play a sport in school? I played soccer all my life - I've also played basketball, volleyball and track.  And did gymnastics for a few years2. Have you ever played an intramural sport outside of school? Yep - I played soccer, softball, dodgeball and bowling with the PSL.  Plus I've played on a variety of soccer teams throughout my life outside of school.3. What's your favorite sport to play? Well - obviously soccer :p4. What's your favorite sport to watch? Love hockey in person, and soccer in person or on tv5. What's the best sporting event you've ever been to? I don't know - I've never been to any major games - I guess World Cup games when they've been in the states6. What's your favorite stadium/ arena? I think PNC Park is beautiful, even though I hate baseball7. Do you like to tailgate? Of course!! :)8. What are your food and beverage of choice while tailgating? Beer and more beer. :p  I like to grill so hamburgers, chicken etc.  I try to avoid hot dogs. 9. Pink sports paraphenalia- love or hate? HATE!! I really don't like pink - but for sports paraphernalia - UGH...10. Have you ever been to the Olympics/ would you ever want to go? No and yes I'd love to go!!11. And, unrelated- what's for lunch? No idea - something quick when I get home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Did you play a sport in school? Volleyball until I was 10 and got too serious about ballet. Tennis in college during summers. Running for fun.2. Have you ever played an intramural sport outside of school? Mixed Softball.3. What's your favorite sport to play? Does running count? If not, I guess softball.4. What's your favorite sport to watch? Baseball. I also enjoy watching Football and Gymnastics.5. What's the best sporting event you've ever been to? A Steelers game? I went to the Gymnastics competition for the Panamerican games when I was little.6. What's your favorite stadium/ arena? PNC Park7. Do you like to tailgate? No8. What are your food and beverage of choice while tailgating? The times I have been, I mostly enjoy pizza and soda. Sometimes burgers & ribs.9. Pink sports paraphenalia- love or hate? Indifferent.10. Have you ever been to the Olympics/ would you ever want to go? No. I went to a few Panamerican games and those were awesome. Would love to go see swimming and gymnastics for the Olympics!11. And, unrelated- what's for lunch? Healthy Choice Sesame Chicken Steamers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I swam until I irritated my rotator cuff.2. No--after swimming, I was anti-physical activity (that's how I got fat! and then I got into working out--that's how I got skinny!)3. Volleyball4. Football5. Last week's Steeler game against the Titans!  Not just for the game, but the people I was with and the fun we had.6. I love Heinz Field--there is an energy there like no other place I've been.7. Yes!8. Beer.  It's got enough calories to classify as food.9. I like pink to a degree--the pink hat, a pink jersey on a girl below the age of 12.  But the bedazzled or sparkly pink jerseys on women over 35 have got to stop.  10.  No, but I would love to go to Vancouver for the Olympics this year or any year/anywhere for Summer Olympics11. Ham and Cheese on Wheat and a salad.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Did you play a sport in school?I danced all through high school and college- I'm counting that :)2. Have you ever played an intramural sport outside of school?Two years ago I played kickball, this past year I played co-ed flag football. 3. What's your favorite sport to play?Dancing (still counting it!) and skiing.  Do climbing or kayaking count?4. What's your favorite sport to watch?Football, gymnastics, cheerleading, and dance5. What's the best sporting event you've ever been to?Tie between the Steelers Super Bowl win in Detroit and several years at the Kentucky Derby6. What's your favorite stadium/ arena?I'm really partial to the Pittsburgh stadiums!  Churchill Downs and Fenway are lovely too.7. Do you like to tailgate?Absolutely!8. What are your food and beverage of choice while tailgating?Haha, college throwback beverage = green Boone's Farm.  Food = veggie burger and cookies.9. Pink sports paraphenalia- love or hate?Generally hate.10. Have you ever been to the Olympics/ would you ever want to go?I've never been but would love to someday!  Right now, Chicago is in the middle of a huge push to get the 2016 games here.11. And, unrelated- what's for lunch?Leftover Greek lentil salads, veggies in a rosemary butter sauce, and a white peach.  Yum!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    jezebelljezebell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Did you play a sport in school?No - wasn't allowed2. Have you ever played an intramural sport outside of school?No3. What's your favorite sport to play?Love to play volleyball (like at picnics and stuff) Does Wii count? 4. What's your favorite sport to watch?Hockey5. What's the best sporting event you've ever been to?My daughter: bowling, cheering, softball, tumbling.6. What's your favorite stadium/ arena?I think PNC Park is cool.7. Do you like to tailgate?Sure!8. What are your food and beverage of choice while tailgating?Usually just hot sausage -- don't like much else and I don't cook9. Pink sports paraphenalia- love or hate?Nah, I'll pass but it's ok for someone else.10. Have you ever been to the Olympics/ would you ever want to go?No11. And, unrelated- what's for lunch?Wherever my co-workers collectively decide.  If everyone goes their separate ways today, I'm going to Subway or Panera.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Did you play a sport in school? I was a dancer till I was 16. high school: swimming, track, soccer, cross country. college: rugby!2. Have you ever played an intramural sport outside of school? no, but I think i might like to!3. What's your favorite sport to play?rugby! i miss it...4. What's your favorite sport to watch?probably soccer- or rugby (see a tread here?)5. What's the best sporting event you've ever been to?Sydney sharks game (rugby as well)6. What's your favorite stadium/ arena?PNS Park- love it!7. Do you like to tailgate? love!8. What are your food and beverage of choice while tailgating?cheap beer! drink a ton and stumble in befor the 7th inning stretch (only if its a Pirate game)9. Pink sports paraphenalia- love or hate? not a big fan, but sometimes its cute10. Have you ever been to the Olympics/ would you ever want to go? no, wanna go tho!11. And, unrelated- what's for lunch? the traders are buying us lunch! yeah for rich people looking down at us poor little minions! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    collen- butterfly?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot I swam also in HS. :)
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Did you play a sport in school?  Soccer until 10th grade.  Erica, I bet we played each other (did you play for Steel Valley?).2. Have you ever played an intramural sport outside of school?  Just soccer3. What's your favorite sport to play?  I love playing softball and volleyball with friends/for fun.4. What's your favorite sport to watch?  Football!5. What's the best sporting event you've ever been to?  The Steeler/Cowboy Monday night game last season.6. What's your favorite stadium/ arena?  I have a special place in my heart for Three Rivers because we used to always go there for different events as a family.7. Do you like to tailgate?  I haven't tailgated as an adult at a sporting event.  Sad, I know!  I like concert tailgating!8. What are your food and beverage of choice while tailgating?  Burgers/hot dogs, any type of mixed drink.9. Pink sports paraphenalia- love or hate?  HATE!  I don't wear pink normally anyway, so adding it to sports gear makes it even worse.  This is why I don't let DH buy me sports gear, he thinks that it's cute on girls.  I also hate personalized jerseys.10. Have you ever been to the Olympics/ would you ever want to go?  No and probably not. 11. And, unrelated- what's for lunch?  Lunching with my co-workers, we're going to Max and Erma's I think.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Did you play a sport in school? Cheerleading, Softball, and Tennis. Tennis fizzled out after sophomore year and softball fizzled out around the same time...2. Have you ever played an intramural sport outside of school? Softball3. What's your favorite sport to play? probably softball because it's the only one I still play4. What's your favorite sport to watch? Hockey but football is a close second...5. What's the best sporting event you've ever been to? Not sure...don't attend many games except Pitt football. Like to have people over the house to watch them6. What's your favorite stadium/ arena? Heinz Field7. Do you like to tailgate? Yes!!!8. What are your food and beverage of choice while tailgating? It changes every week. Love using the grill - hamburgers, sausages, chicken, etc. But also love to make dips for people to eat through the whole tailgate.9. Pink sports paraphenalia- love or hate? Indifferent. Doesn't bother me but not really for me.10. Have you ever been to the Olympics/ would you ever want to go? No and Yes. Hoping to make it to one before my time is up11. And, unrelated- what's for lunch? Steamed rice and veggies that I made this morning...because I was up 30 minutes earlier than I had to be and had some time to kill.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stace - no I went to Ringgold - grew up in Finleyville.  Where did you play?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LaFem - haha Boone's!!....haven't had that since college. Awesome: )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Did you play a sport in school? Yep, for a few years2. Have you ever played an intramural sport outside of school? I did intramural volleyball in college but that was still through the school's rec center3. What's your favorite sport to play? Basketball, we went to shoot last night for the first time in a long time4. What's your favorite sport to watch? Probably hockey5. What's the best sporting event you've ever been to?  I don't know if it counts since they weren't playing infront of us, but the viewing party for game 5 of the 2008 NHL Finals was awesome, there were only about 1,000 people there when the Pens won in 3 OTs.6. What's your favorite stadium/ arena? The Delta Center although I've never been to a game there, I just always loved the look of it on TV, it was bright where most arenas are so dark, and my fav team played there so I'm bias lol.7. Do you like to tailgate? Sure, although I never really have8. What are your food and beverage of choice while tailgating? n/a9. Pink sports paraphenalia- love or hate?  Hate hate hate it....we get it, you're a girl, you can still wear team colors lol.10. Have you ever been to the Olympics/ would you ever want to go? Nope, I think it would be interesting and I would love to go someday.11. And, unrelated- what's for lunch? KFC snack box
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Did you play a sport in school?Swimming and Track and Field (I was a pole vaulter)2. Have you ever played an intramural sport outside of school?Flag Football at college, mixed softball as an adult3. What's your favorite sport to play?I love to swim, but can't do so competitively anymore because of rotator cuff injuries (I feel your pain colleen!)I also enjoy playing pickup games of both soccer and football4. What's your favorite sport to watch?Football5. What's the best sporting event you've ever been to?My junior year of high school our band (I was a majorette) played at the Steelers game.  it was very exciting, but we must have stayed on the field too long, coach cower came out and started yelling at our director and me because I was in the front!  Very memorable.6. What's your favorite stadium/ arena?Heinz Field7. Do you like to tailgate?Love it!8. What are your food and beverage of choice while tailgating?I just like to eat chips and drink bicardi and diet if i can.9. Pink sports paraphenalia- love or hate?It's ok10. Have you ever been to the Olympics/ would you ever want to go?No but i would LOVE to go...i always wanted to be an olympic swimmer.11. And, unrelated- what's for lunch?Lean CUisine chicken fried rice
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erica, I didn't know you went to Ringgold, I played for Jefferson.  What year did you graduate?

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    2000 - you?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2001, I had a few friends that graduated from Ringgold in '1 also.  We might have played against each other because I was always really young for my age division!

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops, '01.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Did you play a sport in school?I danced for years and was a cheerleader in grade school. 2. Have you ever played an intramural sport outside of school?Swam on a swim team in the summers.3. What's your favorite sport to play?I can't say that I like playing any sports, really.  4. What's your favorite sport to watch?Other than watching DH, I like watching baseball, football and sometimes hockey.  5. What's the best sporting event you've ever been to?They are all about the same for me.  :P  But I have enjoyed a few baseball games at Yankees stadium and really loved seeing one of our friends play pro lax in a few cities.  Sporting events are more interesting when you know the players!  :)6. What's your favorite stadium/ arena?I like PNC Park and Camden Yards.  7. Do you like to tailgate?Sure!8. What are your food and beverage of choice while tailgating?I could kill for a hot dog right now.  I'm not a beer drinker, so I guess FireFly for the beverages!  9. Pink sports paraphenalia- love or hate?Well, I do own some...but they were gifts.  :)  10. Have you ever been to the Olympics/ would you ever want to go?Would LOVE to go!  I do really love the Olympics - those are probably my favorite sports to watch, actually.  11. And, unrelated- what's for lunch?PB&J!  We seriously need to go grocery shopping!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KR- I generally hold grudges against girls that wear pink sports stuff, but I PPH you so I'll forgive ;-P

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. yes Volleyball 2. Yes, currently Volleyball - I'm captain of the law school's intramural team, 12 (b) (6) 3. volleyball! 4. ooo toss up on football or hockey 5. NYS class AA girls basketball sectionals...we won! 6. the Carrier Dome! 7. YES!!!! 8. beer and hot dogs 9. love. At least they are designed to fit girls! 10. no, yes 11. lean cuisine and diet coke
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Possibly - if you played your freshman and sophomore year - I would've been in HS still.  I never remember faces of people I've played against though. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Stace!  I really only wear mine to annoy the Ravens fans at work anyway!  :PIt kills me that your DH thinks they are cute, haha!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Did you play a sport in school? Yes I played Lacrosse for my high school. 2. Have you ever played an intramural sport outside of school? I played a lot of club sports if thats what you mean! I played slow pitch softball for fun for about 10 years. I also played soccer, danced, and swam on a YMCA swim team in the summer. 3. What's your favorite sport to play? Lacrosse4. What's your favorite sport to watch? Football or lacrosse5. What's the best sporting event you've ever been to? I can't pick just one! I love all the steelers games I've been to!6. What's your favorite stadium/ arena? Heinz Field7. Do you like to tailgate? heck yeah!8. What are your food and beverage of choice while tailgating? beer and anything hot to eat!9. Pink sports paraphenalia- love or hate? I own some, so love!10. Have you ever been to the Olympics/ would you ever want to go? No I've never been, though I toured the Olympic stadiums in Sydney the year before the Olympics were there.11. And, unrelated- what's for lunch? No clue!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL Erica, I wouldn't remember anyways, it's been a long time!  It's funny though!KR- yeah, DH likes when girls wear pink.  I hate pink.  He always tried to buy me pink things for holidays, which is why I buy my own gifts now.  He no longer gets free gift reign since he bought me a white Dooney with the different rainbow-colored logos.  FAIL.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good poll, lafemme! :-)1. Did you play a sport in school? No but wanted to play tennis.2. Have you ever played an intramural sport outside of school? No3. What's your favorite sport to play? I really enjoy tennis, but I stink it up.4. What's your favorite sport to watch? Hockey5. What's the best sporting event you've ever been to? Penguins/Phillies conference semifinal in 2000-3rd longest NHL game ever. It was awesome and we were in the second row back.6. What's your favorite stadium/ arena? I do love Mellon Arena.7. Do you like to tailgate? Sure!8. What are your food and beverage of choice while tailgating? I don't really care, as long as I have something!9. Pink sports paraphenalia- love or hate? I don't have a strong opinion. I do have a pink Pens shirt, but that's because we were on our way to a game a few years ago and didn't have a shirt. Didn't have the time to keep looking for something else. The guy stuff didn't fit.10. Have you ever been to the Olympics/ would you ever want to go? Never been...would love to see any of the sports in the winter games.11. And, unrelated- what's for lunch? Not sure yet. Might try to eat my stuffed shells. If not, then soup.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL Stace.  DH also knows that pink is off limits, although he would be equally annoyed at a pink jersey.  The girliest jersey I would consider wearing is a Bengels one...because let's face it people, animal prints are not exactly masculine.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He no longer gets free gift reign since he bought me a white Dooney with the different rainbow-colored logos. FAIL.Oh, major FAIL.  :)
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Did you play a sport in school? Yep! HS - soccer, volleyball, track&field, college - just soccer2. Have you ever played an intramural sport outside of school? Yep, I sign up with my work leagues for 1 day tournaments 3. What's your favorite sport to play? Soccer4. What's your favorite sport to watch? Gymnastics5. What's the best sporting event you've ever been to? college basketball games6. What's your favorite stadium/ arena? Used to be MCI Center, I think it's now called the sprint something-or-the other though :)7. Do you like to tailgate? I have actually NEVER been! LOL8. What are your food and beverage of choice while tailgating? See above9. Pink sports paraphenalia- love or hate? Don't wear sports paraphenalia anyhow, so I suppose pink is no worse10. Have you ever been to the Olympics/ would you ever want to go? Would love to go watch!11. And, unrelated- what's for lunch? Leftover steak in my fridge
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Did you play a sport in school?I played basketball, soccer, & softball in high school.  Played a year of basketball in college.2. Have you ever played an intramural sport outside of school?Dodgeball for PSL...loved it!3. What's your favorite sport to play?Basketball4. What's your favorite sport to watch?Hockey (season tix baby) & football5. What's the best sporting event you've ever been to?Hershey for the state finals in 2001...lost though:(6. What's your favorite stadium/ arena?PNC Park7. Do you like to tailgate?Is the Pope Catholic?8. What are your food and beverage of choice while tailgating?Nachos & Miller Lite9. Pink sports paraphenalia- love or hate?Hate10. Have you ever been to the Olympics/ would you ever want to go?No and yes11. And, unrelated- what's for lunch?Had a hot stuffed pepper
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards