Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Hi ladies!! New here...

I just wanted to say "hi" and introduce myself before I turn into a lurker!My name is Amber and my FI and I have just officially set our date for Friday, October 15, 2010. We are planning a small ceremony and reception (about 60 guests) at the Cork Factory Hotel in Lancaster. I am so, so excited! The venue is beautiful and perfect for a fall wedding. I have already gone into overdrive planning mode and just hope I won't drive everyone crazy with all the details. I guess I will have to use The Knot as my outlet!We are originally from the Harrisburg area but moved to Lancaster just last October. I fell in LOVE with Lancaster and am really excited to share it with my friends and family on our wedding day. My FI and I have been dating for 9 years and have been engaged for the past 4 years. He really is my best friend and soul mate (as corny as that may sound)! It's taken FOREVER to get to this point in our relationship as other things like school, buying a house, etc... has always taken priority over everything else in our lives. We are so happy to finally be planning our wedding!Is anyone else planning a Friday wedding? I was a little concerned about this, but eventually decided that the people who really care about us will show up even if it is a Friday evening.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hi ladies!! New here...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! Welcome! Happy Planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome to the board! I had a Sunday wedding, but it worked out great and a Friday wedding will be just as nice. Good luck and happy planning. PS. I just wrote a bunch of Lancaster Vendor reviews in case your looking for any vendors. Book them up fast, girl!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and Happy Planning!
  • Options
    bmbwtfbmbwtf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HIIII Congrats and Welcome!!!! My fi and I are planning a Friday wedding also and I had the same reservations, but everyone I spoke with assured me that those who want to attend will do everything in their power to attend, and after all this is the exact point of save-the-dates! We are planning on having a 4pm wedding friday june 10th, 2011 and so far so good with all the planning, and it is definitely a cost saver!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! My FI and I are also planning a friday wedding on May 13, 2011.  After talking to my mom about doing a wedding she had suggested it saying things tend to be cheaper, which I like to here because I can do more with the small buget that I have.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whew! I'm so glad others are taking the Friday/Sunday plunge too! This little bit of reassurance goes a long way for me. Thanks girls!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rorileyroriley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI and welcome. I am new here too...I lurk and have quite a while to go, but we are paying for everything ourself so we have a time line and budget. Look foward to getting to know you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards