Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Vendor Reviews!! (super long)

Sky’s the Limit Photography – A++We loved working with Ed! From the moment we met with him last year, we were impressed by his professionalism, and his interest in what he does! We were thrilled with how wonderful our engagement pics came out, and are absolutely blown away by how beautiful our wedding pics are! Him and his assistant were so wonderful on the day of our wedding. They arrived promptly at my house, and then just got to work! They didn’t bother me at all! I had laid out my little details on my dresser and they just went to town finding lots of great places to take pictures of them!  My bridesmaids were very impressed by how organized Ed and his assistant, Candace were. One of my favorite parts of the whole day was going around and taking pictures between the wedding and the reception! Ed had some great ideas on places to go, and the pics turned out awesome! He also took a lot of pics at the reception. I honestly think I have so many great pics of almost everyone that was there! They did a great job in capturing the feeling of our wedding!

Val Brooks, Florist – AVal did a beautiful job with the flowers! I absolutely LOVED my bouquet and my bridesmaid’s bouquets. They were gorgeous! I couldn’t get over how much I loved them! The centerpieces at the LeMont were exactly what we had talked about. Nothing too special since I felt like I didn’t really need to much to add to the natural beauty of the LeMont! And her prices are just amazing. She was so sweet to me at the church before I went down the aisle. She helped keep me calm and fixed my dress before I took off down the aisle! She was wonderful!

Cakes by Tammy – A+Tammy was so wonderful to work with! Very responsive by email, which was so helpful!  She definitely lets you know her thoughts on things, and I very much appreciated that!  The cake was beautiful, elegant and classy as we had discussed. And the taste. WOW! It was the best cake I have ever tasted! After my first bite, I literally licked the plate clean – the icing was THAT good! Our guests still talk about how good the cake was. The LeMont banquet manager, Tony, even came up to me later that night and asked who did our cake because he said it was just so beautiful and he kept hearing about how good it tasted! All in all – she was wonderful!

LeMont Restaurant – A+++The LeMont was so wonderful to work with. Bill is the banquet manager I worked most often with. He was extremely easy to get in touch with. He answered all my questions, which I mostly asked through email, very timely! The day of the wedding, everything was set up so beautifully! As soon as we got there, they had hors d’oeuvres for us and the bridal party. They were quick to get us drinks and help us relax a bit before being introduced! It was so fun! There was never a line at the bar, which was great, and I had so many people comment on how attentive the wait staff was! They truly did an amazing job, and I would recommend the LeMont to anyone! 

St. Sebastian’s Church – A+++St. Sebastian’s is the parish that my husband and I joined when we bought our house together right after we got engaged so it was wonderful to get married there. Everything was well organized and I had no issues with getting in touch with anyone. The church is beautiful and the priest who said our wedding was amazing. I’m so happy he was able to do our wedding ceremony. He made it very special!

Invitations – Gartner Studios Kit bought at Michaels – AIf you are looking to semi DIY your invites, well these were easy! I had lots of compliments from people on how great they looked. They couldn’t believe that I did them myself and that they were from Michaels!  The most time consuming part was putting them together. And you can’t beat the cost! 

Dresses (mine and my bridesmaids) – David’s Bridal - AI LOVED my dress. It was beautiful and fit me well.  It was definitely THE dress for me. My experience buying it at Davids was good. My appointment was great. I had a fabulous consultant who was so very helpful!  I also LOVED my bridesmaids’ dresses. They all had different dresses and the color looked great on all of them! When my sister’s dress came in and didn’t fit her, she decided to pick a completely different dress, with about 6 weeks to go until the wedding. They had no problems in doing this, and she was able to do an exchange very easily. All in all our experience with David’s was great!

Shamrock Limo – A
They were prompt and very easy going with taking us to a lot of different places to get pictures. The limo was clean and the driver was very sweet! The price was high, but we booked this last, so we weren’t as able to shop around. But I was happy with the service I received on the day of the wedding.

Brooke Rockwell – hair stylist – A+
Brooke and her sister Harbor were wonderful! They did my hair plus my bridesmaids and my flowergirl in about and hour and a half! Everyone looked beautiful and was happy with how their hair looked!

Jennifer Palermo – Makeup – A+++Jen was amazing. I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day! We weren’t able to do a trial because I ended up having to book her last minute when my original make-up artist fell through. I am SO happy that my original artist fell through because Jen was 10x better!  She is a bit on the pricey side but she is well worth it. Even though we didn’t have a chance to do a trial, she took my little bits of commentary on what I liked and how I wanted to look, and just made me look amazing! The girls that had their make-up done by her looked so beautiful too! She applied eyelashes for my mom, and even though my mom did her own makeup, Jen fixed it up for her a bit. My mom told me later that Jen was super sweet to her and was telling my mom things that made her feel so very good about herself. I would recommend Jen to anyone!

ETA: My DJ! Mike Wozniak - Flipside Productions - A++
Mike was so great! He did a friend's wedding last year and he really was just as great at our wedding! We gave him a list of requests and he played lots of them! He had the dance floor PACKED all night!  He was very professional and a great MC. Alot of guests commented on how great he was too. He really helped make the night as fun as it was! There was lots of energy all night!

Re: Vendor Reviews!! (super long)

• Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!! I have been loving your photog's pics on fbook.
  • Options
    MRadsMRads member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the reviews!  Now I kind of wished I went with Brooke, because my hairstylist comes to my hotel by herself, and I feel like its going to take FOREVER to get all the hair done.

Glad everything went so well. Where is your sig pic taken?  Its GORGEOUS!

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!

Mrads - the picture was taken infront of a wall on the North Side. It's right on North Avenue (the same street as AGH) and is right across the street from West park - which is where a few of our other pics were taken!

mdphd - YGPM

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow - very impressive that you didn't have one negative comment!  That is fabulous that everything turned out perfect for you:)  I'm still dying to see more pics but couldn't get to that fb link that you posted a while back.  Can you post link again?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yayyyyy! Is there anyone you want to add to either vendor list that isn't already there?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    carly - ygpm!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards