Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

**sascha** (even though you're not on)

2»

Re: **sascha** (even though you're not on)

• Options
    Gotcha.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    Sucrets, I didn't realize how much BC helped my acne until I went off of it and looked like a 15 year old boy with an oil slick on his pizza face.  I finally just sucked it up and went to the dermatologist again.  That's the only thing I miss about BC.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    J&K, at the moment, I'm feeling a tad bit better than yesterday.  I slept on and off all day yesterday, then went to sleep for the night at about 10pm and my husband woke me up at 11:30...So, I'm sleeping tons and not feverish anymore.  It's just a matter of I'm so so so tired.  DH and I took a super short walk yesterday because it was so nice outside.  Like, maybe a 6 minute walk.  I had to stop midway and rest and it made me cough like crazy.  I hadn't moved that much since I got sick - and it was a bad idea.  I think another 2-3 days of the bed, and I might return to the world a human again.
  • Options
    I too am a bit concerned about what it will do to my face.  I have very clear skin and (I'm so lucky) I never get pimples, like ever.  If that changes, I'll be sad, but whatever. 
  • Options
    Glad you're starting to feel better!  That sounds pretty crappy.  It's amazing how much you might think "Oh, it's great to lay in bed all day" until you're forced into it.

• Options
    It didn't change mine at all, Shan. Although, i've never really had oily skin or pimples growing up, either. And I don't wear makeup. But still. I didn't notice any changes other than sanity.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    If you've never had trouble with your skin (lucky!) you probably won't be too bad!  If anything, probably nothing a good acne cleanser won't clear right up.  But I've always had bad skin, so it just got worse.  But now it's the clearest I can ever remember it being and I'm thrilled with that!

• Options
    And it sucks having a husband that's playing "nurse".  He won't let me eat what I wanna eat, and keeps researching what I "should"/"shouldn't" be doing.  So, I'm stuck eating soup and vitamins.  I'm thankful for him, but...It blows. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I had oily skin before, but I had forgotten about it since it was yearrrrrrrs ago (shan, I was also 19 when I started some form of bc).
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    fische - that's good.  I don't wear makeup either. DH gets excited when he sees me pull out eyeliner and mascara because I must be feelin' "fancy".I never use anything on my face.  I don't remember having skin issues at a teenager... so I guess that's good. 
  • Options
    I think Sascha is going to crack up when she sees a page to her and reads a massive thread about BCPs, acne, and the flu.

• Options
    DH would so appreciate sanity these days.He suggested getting off of it now because we pay $75.00 every month for my pill.I'm just not ready to start something new in regards to prevention until he's employed. 
  • Options
    I'm another BC + condoms safety girl :)  I really really really don't want a baby yet.  But you guys are making me really want to go off of the pill.  I'm afraid that I'm still crazy underneath BC too though.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Haha...this is great.  I got scared for a minute that everyone was mad that I brought up the dreaded baby talk.  I know I will eventuallly have to venture out to other boards but for now I only want one board in my life:)Thanks for the all info and book recommendation sucrets!  I will look into that.  I am on Yaz now and I feel ok, but I spent a year on Orthotricylen Lo and I was PSYCHOTIC!!  I have never been so irritable and piissed off in my life.  I do worry about the acne thing though, since my lovely 37 year old skin still likes to behave like a teenagers at times.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards