Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

thank you notes

Is it tacky to send thank you postcards with a pic of me and the groom if we did not have a destination wedding?

Re: thank you notes

• Options
    As long as I get a handwritten thank you note, in a timely fashion, that specifically mentions the gift I gave the couple, I don't care if it's on a postcard, a piece of paper towel, or on monogrammed linen-finish note paper.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I got one of those, it was REALLY cute!! It had a picture of them walking out of the church the day of their wedding! The only thing with there one i received i did not like was they just had a generic "thank you" typed up. It just said Thank you for coming to our wedding" and some other stuff...but it was really generic and not thought out. I would have liked it better if they would have wrote out on each one "thank you for the ________ and for coming to our wedding." But maybe that's just me :)Go for it, it was very unique and cute! (did you find a cheap place to make them, I'd love to know where that was if yo have found a good place!?)
  • Options
    We actually received a thank you note on a postcard from a couple's honeymoon in Hawaii.  It was specific in its "thank you," and I was touched to be thought of during their week away.
  • Options
    I think that's cute. If I got one of those, I'd keep it on the fridge for a few months!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards