Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Fiance & I can't agree on 1st dance

The wedding is in 6 days and we still can't agree on what to do for the 1st dance. My fiance is VERY non-traditional and wouldn't even have a 1st dance if he were planning it, but I'm a bit more traditional and think I would regret not having one. So, I tried coming up with music that is more his style (sarcastic, heavy metal, rock & roll) and came up with a compilation of the following songs (in this order): Your Song - Elton John Another One Bites The Dust - Queen Every Rose Has It's Thorn - Poison It's The End Of The World As We Know It - REM Ball & Chain - Social Distortion Your Song - Elton John My fiance likes the songs but when we did a trial run to it, he didn't want to dance fast to the fast songs. He wants to slow dance the whole time. I think that would look silly and be pretty boring to watch and think we should go back and forth between fast dancing and slow dancing, depending upon the song. But maybe his way would work. Any suggestions?

Re: Fiance & I can't agree on 1st dance

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What about "Love of a Lifetime" by Firehouse????
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Also check the post a couple down about first dance love songs.
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • cutieliz70056cutieliz70056 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try "love song" by 311 or "use somebody" by Kings of Leon. There both by rock bands but are slower songs that are danceable. To me you might look kinda silly trying to dance to Social Distortion...no offence. I would maybe save that one for the cake cutting or garter toss...HTH!!!
  • cutieliz70056cutieliz70056 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just another FYI..."every rose has it's thorn" is a breakup song. Definatly not for a wedding in my opinion. Listen to the words first before you decide to dance to that one.
  • pianoladysbpianoladysb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your responses. We know the words to "every rose has its thorn" very well. That's why we chose it. We're poking fun at getting married and that's why we chose sarcastic songs like those. We're very non-traditional and our friends would definitely get the joke since they know us so well. But, in the end, we've decided to play it safe and have a romantic slow dance to "Faithfully" by Journey. I think it will be great. I'm actually really surprised that my fiance agreed to that. In fact, he really likes that idea! So, in the end, it's all good. Thank you again for all of your ideas. We've got 4 days to go!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards