Maine

Introduction and a question

Hi Maine brides!Matt and I are recently engaged :)We're contemplating a Maine wedding next fall. Has anyone had any experience with the Arrows as a venue? The pictures on their website are gorgeous! We're also considering Eggemoggin Lodge in Brooklin (where I'm from), although it is way downeast and might discourage some out-of-town guests from coming. Any other coastal suggestions?Thanks and congratulations everyone!Sasha and Matt<a href="http://www.theknot.com?cm_sp=community_badge-_-greenbride-_-20090903&quot;&gt;&lt;img src="http://partnerimages.theknot.com/greenbride.gif&quot; border="0" alt="Visit The Knot!" /></a>
Anniversary

Re: Introduction and a question

• edited December 2011
    Hi Sasha!! First let me say CONGRATS!!! Next, I'm getting married next year in Oct. at the Woodlands club in Falmouth. It has this AMAZING view of the golf course and all the fall folliage. I just fell in love with the room when we were there. Lastly, I'm not familiar with either one of those venues but I wish you good luck with everything, and hopefully I can be more helpful later on!! ~Sharon
  • edited December 2011
    Runners: I'm getting married at the Woodlands in 3 weeks!  That golf course in October is beautiful, I'm so excited!I apologize for the fact that I'm not familiar with those locations, either.  How big a wedding are you planning to have?  Our RD is at the Harraseeket Yacht Club in Freeport, which has a beautiful view of the water and there are a number of hotels nearby.  If you're having a very big wedding, it probably wouldn't work, though.
    Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations, and welcome! The beginning stages of planning are so exciting and fun!What part of the coast are you looking at for the wedding? There are so many nice places! I'm not very familiar with the southern coast, but I know of a few places in the midcoast area. The southern and midcoast area are definitely more of a manageable drive for people coming from out of town, but if you love a place down east, I'd say go for it. I'm not familiar with the two places you mentioned, so I don't have any input on those, sorry!Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Reine: Only 3 more weeks to go you must be getting so excited!! I have to ask, how was working with Tony?? I thought she was really nice, and helpful. However, she did seem a little distracted when I met her. I figured it was because she had a prom to deal with that night and a mother's day brunch to deal with the next day. I know that I would be a little tired and distracted too. Keep me posted on everything!! :)
  • matt&sashamatt&sasha member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for replying :) Reine: Thanks for the suggestion. We're still trying to figure out the tentative guest list. I'm hoping for something under 100, but we both have big families. Runnersmf: I hadn't thought of Freeport...ours will be an off-season wedding, so it might work. MiniMin20: What are the places you know that are mid-coast? Any idea about the Point Lookout in Northport or Ducktrap Retreat? Thanks again ladies and congratulations all :) Sasha
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, congrats on your engagement! I got info from Arrows, as FH and I are big foodies, and that place is *amazing*. It is quite expensive – I don’t know what your budget is, but ours is about 15k tops for the reception/food/drinks, and a wedding at Arrows would have exceeded that. I remember the 6 course meal option was about $105/pp, which doesn’t include any of the venue fees.   They were very friendly and helpful though when I talked with them, so if you contact them, they will be able to answer all of your questions! And, it is a GREAT place to go for a weekend get-away, or out to a very nice dinner.   We’re getting married on Peaks Island – Jones Landing, which you book through Black Tie Catering. They have been fabulous to work with, and being on an island, it’s definitely “coastal” :)   Good luck with your planning!
  • edited December 2011
    I've never been to either, but Point Lookout is supposed to be super nice, really great views, and all kinds of amenities -- tennis courts, bowling alley,etc. They have a bunch of cabins that are supposed to be pretty swanky too, with their own kitchens, porches, etc. I'm actually going there next month for a company meeting, I have no idea if they do weddings though. I think the Ducktrap Retreat is no longer doing functions, and their website seems to be down as well.If you're looking in that area, the Samoset is lovely. I also went to a wedding earlier this year at Retreat at French's Point in Stockton Springs that was gorgeous (even in the middle of winter!) Camden has a very pretty outside amphitheater space for a ceremony -- it's public, but picturesque. The Whitehall Inn in Camden seems to be a nice place for a reception, and their prices are decent.There are also a bunch of on-the-water inns in Boothbay/Boothbay Harbor that do weddings.Hope that helps!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards