Maine
Options

Dinnerware recommendations?

I posted this on the Maine Nestie board too...FI and I started the registry process today. After a couple trips to Macy's and some online shopping, we have not been able to decide on dinnerware. We're looking for something for everyday use and durable, microwave/dishwasher/oven safe. We liked the Denby stoneware at Macy's, and the saleswoman raved about it, but it's pricey, and some reviews online say it cracks/chips. We found the same review for Sango, another stoneware. We liked some other porcelain options but not sure if porcelain or stoneware is more durable. Corelle seems to be the most durable but we didn't like many of their patterns, and it doesn't seem to be as easy to "dress up" for fancier events like the stoneware/porcelain. What are others going with? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Anniversary

Re: Dinnerware recommendations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I posted an answer on the Nestie board...So the short-short version is here: Noritake (Kona Collection or the less expensive collection whose name I can't remember).You can get it at BBB or for less money at www.dinnerware.com.My sister has had the simpler, less expensive collection for 7 years and not one scratch, chip, discolouration, etc. despite two children who like to "help" clear the table.
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I checked the nest too. We'll have to look into that! We like the looks of it on the BBB website, but I'm wondering if they have them in the store so you can see it in person...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BBB carries the Colorwave (I think that's the name) collection, which is the less expensive and less formal one. The registry people had a sample of the Kona for us to see. But they don't carry the Kona in the store. At least not in the one in Auburn.We got so fed up with BBB, actually, that we ordered the majority of our Kona sets online from www.dinnerplates.com-- got them cheaper, in fact. Free shipping (BBB charged $14, even though they don't carry it in the store!). But I don't know if that's a special sale price and will end soon or if that's their normal discounted price...Good luck! Let me know what you decide!
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards