Florida-North Florida

Checks and Questions :)

I had a productive weekend and now I am home with the flu :( But at least I get to enjoy some time on the knot! Gotta love Hobby Lobby! I got our ringbearer's pillow, flowergirl basket, rose petals, and unity candle for $35! I ordered most of my girls bridesmaids gifts and bought the items for our centerpieces. My shower is in 2 weeks and I was wondering if you all had any suggestions for what to get the hostesses. This is not a traditional shower in the sense that it is being hosted by a family friend and 2 ladies from our church instead of the MOH, etc.Thanks and I hope you all feel much better than I do!!!

Re: Checks and Questions :)

• WAshley10WAshley10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh no! sorry to hear you aren't feeling well!! Congrats on being so productive!! =) my hostess is a bridesmaid - there is a MAC eye shadow that she LOVES and talks about all the time so I am going to get her that as a thank you.  It isn't much but it's stomething.    You could do specialty chocolates/truffles in a cute little box with a tag. Or if you know where they enjoy going out, a restaurant gift card.  sorry this isn't more creative...I would think get them something they like - it doesn't have to be anything grand
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm feeling sick too.  It sucks!  My FI had the flu last week, so I hope I haven't caught it from him.You could make a nice gift basket of shower products or something they'd like.  Like a spa basket of sorts.  You could easily do that pretty cheap.Could you tell us more about these ladies that are hosting your shower?  That might help us give you more ideas.
  • brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally forgot about getting bridal shower hostess a gift. Thanks for reminding me!
  • toblave13toblave13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boo for the flu!I agree with Navybaby. A little more info would probably help us to make better suggestions, but I did receive a really pretty potted flower/plant as a hostess last summer. I thought it was a nice gift. It wasn't just a bouquet that will die but something that lasts.
    imageDaisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all the well wishes and suggestions! The thing is I don't know the ladies very well. It's my FMIL's bestfriend and another friend. They are taking care of the shower here because it is local for everyone here and my family is doing the one in South Florida where I'm from. I really like the basket idea with shower items navybaby. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards