Missouri-St Louis
Options

What bakery are you using??

My fiance and I are getting married next summer and we are looking for a good place to get a cake.  We are planning to try Lorraine's Cakes in St. Genevieve and McArthurs.  Any other suggestions??  We will be having about 200 people.  If you have booked your baker, how much are they charging per slice or size?

Re: What bakery are you using??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how much they cost but I have heard (and tasted) amazing things about the Cakery. Sometimes I think McArthurs is overrated, but that may just be me.
  • Options
    linda_lou_loulinda_lou_lou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you like cheesecake, we went with Hank's Cheesecake. It was fabulous!
  • Options
    JeannieJ70JeannieJ70 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using Wedding Wonderland... they do amazing work
  • Options
    shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Patty Cakes in Highland, IL.  They deliver everywhere, so don't let that turn you off to trying them.  We decided on them based on the fact that they use acrylic supports in their cakes instead of wooden dowel rods.  We didn't want our cake tasting like wet wood after we paid all of that money for it.  We got a cake for 320 people for about $750.  We got fillings in every layer though, so that substantially raised the price.  (fiance was hungry when we went for our tasting... yeah... bad idea LMAO)  Their website is pat-t-cakes.  The cake tasted amazing and she has since won a competition on TLC for her decorating, so I would say she knows her stuff.  We booked her last year and her showroom was amazing even then.  I can't say enough wonderful things about that bakery.  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about Lubeley's and Knodel's. My sister used Knodel's for her wedding, and the cake was delicious and they were really reasonable priced. Just out of curiosity, but how did you come across Lorraine's? We haven't started looking for a bakery yet, but we're getting married in Ste. Gen, and I've had quite a time finding information about any vendors in that area.
  • Options
    Sn2BLeeSn2BLee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're most likely going to be using Susie G's Bakery in O'Fallon.  We thought her cake was amazing and didn't taste like your typical wedding cake. 
  • Options
    aprilrose975aprilrose975 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Lubley's.  They were half the price of McArthurs and the cake tasted much better.I believe our tiered cake that feeds 100 is $231 after tax and delivery. 
  • Options
    cenglecengle member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Lubeley's as well.  The cakes are awesome!Mmmm, cake....
  • Options
    homestarr718homestarr718 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your replies.  That gives me a good idea of some of the places people have liked.  As far as Lorraine's go, I accidently came across that name when I was doing other blog and cake search.  I think she no longer has a bakery all to herself.  She combined with another venue.  But she is still making and selling cakes.  I'll post more about her when my fiance and I go trial cakes soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Wedding Wonderland.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards