Maine
Options

Save-the-date Ideas

I'm looking for unique ideas for save-the-dates. I've been all over the internet and I can't seem to find anything that's different. Any ideas you have would be great! Maybe everyone can share what they did for save-the-dates as well!

Re: Save-the-date Ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not unique, but we sent postcards made up through Vistaprint.com.  Sign up for their emails, and you can get almost everything for free at some point in time (you just pay shipping).  They've been an amazing resource for me.  I'be ordered so much from them, and paid nothing for it.  :)
  • Options
    mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL has one of those Cricut machines, she bought us the wedding themed cartridge that comes with it & I plan on making the STDS & probably the invitations with that. Ill make sure to post a pic when I do them possibly next weekend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We couldn't find any we loved so we made our own and stuck them in our Christmas/holiday cards.  We love photographs of Maine, so we played with one of ours in photoshop (or maybe InDesign) and printed on a blue-grey cardstock.  There is a picture in my planning bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jgreg...did you do your invitations yourself?  i love the pocket invitations, but dont know where to start looking for them...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh and for my save the dates we are using magnetstreet.com  nothing really different or unique, but they have tons of magnet designs and the price is pretty good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The most "unique" save the date I saw when I was looking was a "message in a bottle" one. It was pretty awesome, but they were $12 each. I didn't do save the dates personally, but one of my friends had magnets made through Vistaprint that were really nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I made my own Save the Date magnets. I bought glossy business card stock from Staples, created my design in Photoshop Elements, then printed them out and then stuck them on business card-sized magnets that I bought in packs at Michael's (the magnets came with an adhesive side, so I just peeled off the paper and stuck the business cards to the magnets). I think the whole shebang cost me $25 for 60 Save the Dates. I also ended up buying some post cards (4 to a page, 100 pages in a box) from Staples, and then using non-permanent adhesive dots (also from Michael's) to attch the magnets to the post cards so that the magnets fit better in the envelopes. My cousin's wife used stickers for their Save the Dates, but I got a much better response from folks about my magnets (including my cousin) because not everyone keeps a wall calender and the magnets you see no matter what month it is, where the sticker only goes on your calendar for whatever month you've stuck it.Good luck!
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ChristaMarie--we did do our invitations ourselves! It was work but fun and we got lots of compliments. The one thing I refused to do was construct the pocketfolds. We bought them from cardsandpockets.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some of the cutest save the dates I've seen are ones that look like movie/concert/admission tickets. Not sure if that fits into your style or theme for the wedding, but they sure are fun! Check out: [url]http://www.blissweddingsmarket.com/store/000247.htm[/url]<br>And [url]http://sandstoneweddinginvitations.com/wedding-invitations-thats-the-ticket.htm[/url]
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    how about a small of bag of gourmet flavored nuts...with a card to read...we're nut for each other....save the dateor you can do it with chocolates..."we're sweet for each other"...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards