Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Dj's/ Bands/ Hair and Makeup/ Photographers! HELP!

Hi! I am getting married at the Coonamesset in in Falmouth next July 31st, does any one have any suggestions for a good DJ... or a good band? Also I would love any feedback on good places to get hair and makeup done for both my bridesmaids, and also for myself. Same suggestions wanted for good photographers in the Falmouth area. Thanks! :) Sarah

Re: Dj's/ Bands/ Hair and Makeup/ Photographers! HELP!

• edited December 2011
    Hi Sarah, I am getting married in Falmouth the 17th of July! I can't wait for feedback on hair/make-up salons... I was giong to post for advice as well. I do have advice for a photographer though. Chris Cook Photography - he is located in the Cape and has worked at every venue around so he knows the best shots... He is a photojournalist, but also gets the traditional shots that you would want. He is also extremely reasonable! I posted for advice on him a couple days ago and a few brides sent me their pics and they were incredible. Also, you have to go see his albums at his studio they are great quality. If you do go see him tell him Jen W. sent you (maybe he'll hook me up with a few extra pages! haha) If you have a big budget for photography I would contact Bello Photography (bellophoto.net) - they were my dream photographer, but packages with album started at $6,500, which was out of my budget. Happy Planning! Let me know how things go. Best!
  • edited December 2011
    Just to tag on - Bello was out of my price range, too, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE their blog.  I got quite a few ideas out of just viewing their photos.
  • sarah.mcturksarah.mcturk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jen! I will definitely check him out. My Fiance and I are headed back up to the Cape Columbus Day weekend to meet with our venue so I will definitely try to nail down a meeting with that photographer. A photojournalist is exactly what we were looking for. I had a friend use someone who sounded similar and her pics were amazing!! Thanks again! Sarah
  • edited December 2011
    Hi girls... So for a photographer, i def recommend chris cook as well. i used him for my may 24th wedding and he was amazing. My link with my pictures has expired, otherwise i would share the link. :( But he was great...i got the online proofs by the time we got back from the honeymoon, and the hard copies 2 weeks after that. We are just waiting for the proof of our album. He is worth his price i believe, especially as mentioned above, he really knows his stuff when it comes to beach photography. For hair and make up i used Lisa George. She was AMAZING. I totally recommend her. She came to us, which was great since i had 7 bridesmaids, plus the two mothers who got their hair/makeup done. She can be a little pricey, when you factor in the trail and everything, but totally worth it. She brings some assistants to help if a lot of people are getting services. She showed up right on time the day of the wedding and kept everyone on schedule...and also kept me calm and relaxed! there are some pictures in my married bio below. We used NuImage for our DJ. They are out of Reading MA, but didnt charge a travel fee. They were A+++++. I couldnt have asked for a more perfect night as far as the music went. They are more expensive than most, but the music was one of the most important things to us and they blew us away! Hope this helps!
  • MomoJRMomoJR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sarah:We're booking Mark Friedman of 2Way entertainment. I know since I posted on here a few times this week, he's been contacted by knot brides...so not sure on availability. Worth a try though! Our reception is at the Flying Bridge in Falmouth. I know a lot of brides that do Coonamesset for reception use the Flying Bridge as the rehearsal dinner. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE Kelly Hike for photography and she is based right in Falmouth. She did our engagement pictures already and they came out amazing, plus she is a ton of fun to work with. www.hikephotography.com My band is from the Boston area called Boston City Rhythm. For hair and make up I am probably going to use Lisa George. We used her at a friends wedding and everyone's hair and make up came out good. She was interesting though... I do think she is the best on the Cape.
  • acg5acg5 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!For my hair/makeup I used bellezza day spa. I was really happy with them. They were a bit pricey but very professional. They are on main st in Falmouth.Photog I used Kristen Dawn Photography. I was really happy with the results and she was so fun to work with. Very reasonably priced too!
  • edited December 2011
    I second Mark Friedman at 2wayentertainment (booked him for our wedding next April).  If you can get him, my recommendation would be to ask for him specifically.  He has other djs working for him, but have heard he is the best of the bunch!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Hi Sarah,I just met with Bello this weekend at their studio.  They are fabulous photographers and we (my fiance, mother & me) all felt totally comfortable with them.  I'm still debating between Bello and Joe Mikos, though.  It's definitely a splurge, but photography is one of my top priorities.I'm also using Lisa George - it seems like most everyone has had a good experience with her.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies - I live in Falmouth and got married here in August, for make-up, you should email Sam at Sam@girlyjunk.com (www.girlyjunk.com) Sam and her sister Robin rock! They will come to you for a totally reasonable price and make you look awesome! They come from Plymouth, not too far away. My photographer was Meghann Gregory, she was awesome too, fun and classic. For a small price you can get her to bring a second photographer. I highly recommend both vendors! Goodluck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, For my daughter's cape wedding, we used Bellezza Day Spa on Main Street in Falmouth. Make up was done there also. We used Keith Berry Photos out of Bridgewater Mass. She got married in June and there wasn't an issue with him arriving on time. In fact, I believe he allowed himself A LOT of time because he was there early. Also used a band, Night Rhythm, out of Chelmsford, MA.. they were absolutely amazing and again, had no issues with them arriving on time. Good luck! p.s. Her wedding was at the Coonamesset also... GREAT CHOICE!
  • edited December 2011
    Makeup:  I've heard nothing but great things about Lisa George. Everyone uses her. I'm using Ashley w/ www.themakeupartists.com. She will travel to you and get your party ready at your hotel.Hair: Still Looking!! DJ: We're going with Gerard w/ Sensational Suonds. www.djgerard.com/Good Luck!
  • sarah.mcturksarah.mcturk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies you all rock for these amazing ideas!!! Thank you so much! Sarah :)
  • NavajoBrideNavajoBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hairapy Salon is amazing! I did my trial there and will definitely use her for my wedding party. She does hair and makeup and will even come to you. You can reach Layla @ 508-775-HAIR(4247). She has other assistance she can bring with her for larger wedding parties.
  • palmekkpalmekk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is Lisa George on Cape? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards