Maine
Options

Bakers in the Portland Area?

Ok, I'm freaking out a little bit. My wedding is Oct 24, exactly a month away. I was having a friend bake my cake to save money...but then he moved to Arizona. He still insisted he would be able to do it but he and his gf have not RSVPed yet, the cutoff date has passed, and when I last spoke to her she said they were still trying to get tickets to fly out. I don't know if my baker is even coming to my wedding!! So I need a plan B, just in case. But I have done no research whatsoever into this area because I didn't plan on having to hire a baker...does anyone have ANY suggestions? I'm seriously desperate.

Re: Bakers in the Portland Area?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using European Bakery in Falmouth.  They are fantastic and will happily deliver to Portland.
    Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Casual Cakes.  She's local and works from home...http://www.casualcake.com/And her cakes are YUMMY!  She did cupcakes for my friends wedding and I think i had 3.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Cakes Extraordinaire in Portland. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! And didn't break the bank, either!The photos on their web site are a little more froofy than the cake they made for me (I did a mocha frosting with fall branches and leaves up the side-- hard to describe here). We did two flavours and people who don't even like cake, liked our cake. We even used them for our rehearsal dinner.Steve was fantastic! www.cakesextraordinaire.com
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • Options
    kev'sbridekev'sbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Norman's Cakes and Catering is unbelievably good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did a tasting with Jessica Parrott at Nothing Bakes Like A Parrott in Portland and she was phenomenal! [url]www.nothingbakeslikeaparrott.com[/url]
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I've also heard good things about Two Fat Cats Bakery in Portland: [url]http://www.twofatcatsbakery.com[/url]
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for all your suggestions! I called Jessica at Nothing Bakes Like a Parrot and she was so accommodating, we ended up getting it all figured out in less than 20 minutes! One less thing...*sigh*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards