Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Groomsmen

Hi there--we are getting married at the Wequassett June 26. At first I had thought about navy blazers and dress khakis. If we ask all the groomsmen to buy there outfit it can get pricey. I want everyone to match. Then I thought about tuxes...can you rent in the area?? What are your thoughts?

Re: Groomsmen

• Options
    edited December 2011
    First of all, congrats!  I was married at the Wequassett last May, and we had the guys wear tan slacks and navy blazers.  We checked, and all of the guys already owned really similar navy blazers so they wore their own.  We bought the trousers at Brooks Brothers during a friends and family promotion and got a good discount.  No one complained as they're able to use them again (unlike the price of a rented tux, which is just for the one day).  Oh, and DH gave them all Vineyard Vines ties to wear as their gift.  HTH!
  • Options
    carolyns4882carolyns4882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! Congrats to you as well! My friend suggested Brooks Brothers also. We are having a Saturday night wedding and my mom wants me to make it black tie optional...I love the look of blazers but might go with tuxedos...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our groomsmen also wore navy blazers & khakis.  We rented them from Classic Tuxedo so everything looked the same and they didn't have to buy their own.  I don't think there's a Classic Tuxedo on the Cape, but I know of a few in the Boston area.  HTH! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards