Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Hurricane Insurance?

I was wondering is anyone was approached about hurricane insurance or even thought about purchasing??? It would be to cover the ceremony, reception, rental property, etc? any possibly the honeymoon. We are getting ready to sign a lease agreement for a house and a clause mentioned they would not refund in case of a hurricane. Just shopping around for info :)

Re: Hurricane Insurance?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good call.  We were also really worried about that as we are getting married in Sept. prime hurricane season.  A website called www.wedsafe.com was recommended to me by a wedding planner.  Their cancellation insurance covers weather related event so you should be covered in a hurricane.  It also had some coverage for no-show vendors, etc. A wise idea to get insured. My finance and I are paying for everything out of pocket so if we had to reschedule due to weather there is no way we could absorb the cost of lost deposits, etc.  We basically would be out of luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, i was starting to worry whether or not we were looking too deep into insurance. We are also getting married in September and paying for the wedding ourselves. We not only have the ceremony and reception to cover, but a large rental property too.
  • Options
    luvoo41488luvoo41488 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Having grown up on the Cape, Bob was the last hurricane, almost 2 decades ago. If it's going to be a costly addition, the odds are well in your favor. Especially since this wouldn't cover just a nor'easter (I can't imagine), which is far more likely to rain you out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards