Jewish Weddings
Options

honeymoon in Israel

Is anyone doing this or has anyone done this? FI and I are thinking about going on a UJC/Federation sponsored young adult trip that is hopefully happening at the end of June of next year. If possible, we would like to find a honeymoon tour (if that exists). Does anyone know of such a thing? FI has never been to Israel so we thought this would be a good excuse to go.

Re: honeymoon in Israel

• Options
    RedZeeRedZee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got back from our honeymoon in Israel! It was amazing.We looked for a honeymoon tour and couldn't find one. I speak Hebrew so we ended up making our own tour.It was the best trip I ever took. It was such a great mix of so many things. The first trip to Israel is unforgettable and it will mean so much more that your husband's will overlap with your honeymoon.The cool thing about Israel is that it has so many climates and SO MUCH to do. We spent 3 weeks there and only toured the south. We have a huge list of things we want to do in the south when we go back. It just wasn't enough time!Do either of you speak or read Hebrew? How long are you planning to stay? I'm very excited about you doing this. I can give you lots of ideas. (And I think many other people on this board can too.)
    imageimage
    October 2013 February Siggy Challenge: Valentine's Day Fail Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    EDD 10/3/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    ditto everything redzee said, i also have some suggestions for you if you end up doing your own tour. also, i think its important to note that even if you don't speak hebrew you'd probably be fine in israel without a guide. a lot (if not most?!) of people there speak at least some english. my husband is fluent in hebrew but often people would recognize his american accent and just respond in english anyways.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    signingjuliesigningjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that is awesome, I speak/understand Hebrew, but I'm pretty rusty. I know most Israelis speak at least some Hebrew anyway. The tour that we're looking into is 10 days completely planned, all expenses included, and takes you all over the country. I just didn't know if there were tour groups specific to honeymooners.
  • Options
    RedZeeRedZee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up doing part of it just regular vacation style and part of it honeymooning. We stayed with family for a few days, then a spa at the Dead Sea, then a cheap hotel in Jerusalem, then a really nice hotel in Eilat (Isrotel Agamim - if you tell them it's your honeymoon and bring a wedding invite you get LOTS of free stuff). That way we had a little bit of everything.I also think you can get by without a tour, although there are pros and cons to it. Either way, you should do tours in Jerusalem because you get so much more out of it. Our guide was so awesome and I'd be happy to pass on his info.
    imageimage
    October 2013 February Siggy Challenge: Valentine's Day Fail Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    EDD 10/3/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    signingjuliesigningjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    correction: last post, meant to say most Israelis speak at least a little bit of English, lol.  At this point, all options are open.  I can't even get information about the Federation trip until the spring. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards