North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Flower girls and what they throw

I promise this will be my last post today... thank you for your patience. :)

Flowergirls - are you having them toss anything? I thought one of you girls once told me you couldn't toss petals on the beach. Is this true? If so, what did you have your little darlings do?

Re: Flower girls and what they throw

• Options
    Mine are tossing petals on the beach for sure. They are flowers... I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to throw them on the beach (unless using silk or non biodegradable?)
  • Options
    You can toss petals on the beach.....you are fine :)

• Options
    Does one need to clean up said flower petals?
  • Options

Ours isn't tossing anything because it will be my 10 month old daughter who will be carried down the aisle :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Rose petals. And those girls loved throwing them. So cute!

We took a stroll on the beach the next morning and saw some of them still there. And I thought, "Awwww, those were from MY wedding."
  • Options
    Hi Teach!  Just saw in your other post that your wedding is July 6!  So is mine!  We'll be on the beach up in Corolla.... My "flower girl" is really a junior bridesmaid and she's carrying a little sign that says "here comes the bride" instead of throwing anything.  Here's to a very beautiful July 6 for both of us!!
  • Options
    Mine is throwing rose petals because she takes her job VERY seriously so I'm not about to throw a wrench in her plans by asking her to do something non-traditional like carry a sign instead. I do think things like carrying signs or little flags are so cute, but considering her parents bought her silk rose petals to practice a year in advance, we better give her flower petals to throw!
  • Options
    You don't have to pick them up as long as they are real.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards