Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Ocean's Edge

I'm currently looking into Ocean's Edge as a possible ceremony/reception site and was wondering if anyone had any feedback/thoughts? I have some questions and concers and thought maybe someone out there might have some helpful advice!

Re: Ocean's Edge

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married there next Spring in the Carriage House with my ceremony on the beach there.  I can answer any pre-planning questions.Jen
  • edited December 2011
    they were planning renovations when i was there that sounded great, but certain rooms (I was looking for a smaller sized-room) did not look great pre-renovation. I would think things look better now, but did not want to bank on what could be when i picked my venue. I would be interested in hearing your concerns, if only for curiosity's sake. 
  • edited December 2011
    I would also be interested in hearing your concerns. We have the contract in hand to review before signing.
  • missi&lukemissi&luke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi all, i had a great convo w/ my contact at oe this morning. he had a good reason for being mia for a bit. i'm feeling better about it. you just hear these nightmares from brides about some places and it scares me! amoire; good luck with your planning!checking out some places in newport this weekend and then hopefully making a decision!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad it all worked out for you!  My contact at OE has been absolutely amazing.  That coupled with the fact that we think it's gorgeous and perfect for us will likely make us sign the agreement.  I've been a big ball of stress over the location, so I did a big "ut-oh..." when I saw your post! Thanks - good luck deciding on your location!  I'm new to the board so it's nice chat with other cape brides. :)
  • edited December 2011
    My contact at OE has been great so far.  In the beginning before signing anything I drilled OE with a ton of questions, what-ifs, etc. and my contact was very responsive and understanding.  I am using the carriage house (Nickerson Room) for my reception.  The room is updated and perfect for what I am looking for in a reception.  The minimums are a lot lower than the ballroom but of course the size is limited to 120 guests.  So far everything has been great!  If you want to discuss in further detail without it being posted on here, pls feel free to email me at jislieb@hotmail.com.   Good Luck!Jen
  • missi&lukemissi&luke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for everyone's help here. we decided not to pursue ocean's edge as a site. they have been THE WORST at communicating. we are still waiting to receive answers to questions we talked to them about over a week ago that they said they would get to us by "noon on friday (meaning last friday)."  if they are this unresponsive before we sign a contract, i don't want to know what they are like after they have your signature and deposit. it's too bad too; we really liked the venue. you'd think in this economy they'd be interested in a 200+ saturday wedding....ah well. good luck to all of you brides to be!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I just found this board and I am so excited!jislieb - we are also getting married at OE next summer - reception in the Carriage House, ceremony on the beach. I am nervous about the beach at high tide! Make sure you post details after your wedding!! :o) Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Adrenalin939,

I just read your post!  Congrats on your engagement! Yeah, another OE Bride.  I just checked out your planning webssite.  My wedding color is navy!  Yes, I agree on the concerns of the beach ceremony there with the tides.  I was just there in November and the beach was at high tide.  There really was not a lot of space for a ceremony.  You would have to have really long rows of seats.  Not sure my definite plan now but I think I am leaning towards having the ceremony right in front of the carriage house.  I am a bit concerned on how guests will easily get from parking their cars and then getting to the beach.  I know there will be shuttles provided but I am concerned of how many shuttles, the timing when guests arrive all at once, etc.  Also, the steps going down to the beach are very steep.  The day in November when we were visiting the beach it was very windy and my Mom kept reminding me that is the Cape.  Not sure if it is worth all of that.  I might just do pics on the beach after the ceremony.  That is my two cents!  Otherwise, I think you have July in your favor in terms of warmth and a breeze might be nice that time of the year.  I am getting married 5/29/09 at 5pm where it could be really cool.  I really like the arbor idea and might still do that for the ceremony in front of the carriage house.  I love OE and the fact that we get the entire carriage house for the day.  Really allows for flexibility and back up rooms in case the weather is not good.  Oh, I noticed that you are doing pocketfold invites too!  I ordered mine through cardsandpcokets.com.  Good Luck with you planning and lets keep in touch!  My person email is jisieb@hotmail.com.

Jen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards