Jewish Weddings

Jewish music

Did any of you/are any of you planning to use Jewish music for the ceremony (walking down the aisle specifically)? If so, what songs? TIA.

Re: Jewish music

• edited December 2011
    My bridal party walked in to Erev Shel Shoshanim and I walked in to Yerushalayim Shel Za'hav, which is one of my all time favorite hebrew songs.
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Bridal party entrance (Erev Shel Shoshanim) Bride and Parents: (Dodi Li) During ceremony, 3 circles (Y’did Nefesh) Recessional music (Simon Tov)
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I walked down to Erev Shel Shoshanim.  Everyone else walked to Dodi Li and Al Kol Ele.  Recessional was Siman Tov/ Mazel Tov.  There is a book of sheet music called "Mazel Tov, Music for Jewish Weddings" with arrangments.  I was able to get it at my local library. 
  • edited December 2011
    I walked in to Erev Shel Shoshanim and did circling to it, and we played Siman Tov, Mazel Tov as a recessional.  Various Jewish music including Yerushalayim Shel Zahav, Hatikvah and various Horah medleys were played at our reception.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto with everyone else; not sure if we'll still have music playing during the circling - it'll depend whether or not I'll rabbi will want to discuss the meaning before I do it (I plan on having him tell the guests before I enter so they will understand what's going on, in case they don't read the programs, so then I may be circling to the music). My bridal party is tiny - it'll just be the rabbi and those saying the blessings, followed by his grandmother accompanied by her son (his uncle), his BM, he and his parents, my MOH and me and my mom.  So I may have everyone walk to one song and me and my mom another.Definitely Simon tov afterwards.
  • ABH2105ABH2105 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grandparents/Rabbi: Esa EinaiBridal Party : Tov L'Hodot Groom/Putting on Kittle: Ha'Malach H'Goel OtiBride/Circling: B'Shaim Hashem (its a beautiful beautiful lullabye and English translates to:In the name of Hashem, god of Israel On my right is Michael and on my left is Gabriel To my front is Uriel and behind me is Refael And over my head, over my head, there's the spirit of god which i thought was perfect for what describing what surrounds me as I approach the chuppah and my new life)
  • signingjuliesigningjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for this, I needed suggestions for Jewish music as well. Also, what are some specific hora songs? My bandleader requested them so he can learn some. The only ones I could think of off the top of my head were Hava Nagila, and Simon Tov u Mazel Tov. For the ceremony, my steel drummer is going to play Erev Shel Shoshanim, Dodi Li, and Sunrise, Sunset. Yerushalayim Shel Zahav is another gorgeous one I will ask him to learn. thanks :)
  • silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH is a chazzan - so we had a lot of Jewish music all the way through the wedding1. DH's cantor emeritus and his wife (also a cantor) sang their version of Ana Dodi (from the Song of Songs) while we signed all the official stuff at the badeken.2. Friends sang Danny Maseng's Mah Tovu for the wedding party and DH to get down the aisle3. DH sang Erev Shel Shoshanim to get me down the aisle4. Recessional was a version of Od Yishama5. DH and cantor friends sang Kumi Lach at the reception6. Our first dance was David Broza's Mitachat LashamayimThere's a really good book called "Lecha Dodi" with lots of Jewish music for weddings
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the help- I want songs that are occasion appropriate but was looking to break the mold a little bit and not have the same songs everyone has. I got some great ideas here!
  • lovelyyylovelyyy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you can use this site to get some nice ideas for jewish music wedding.hoopa.com/groups/songs
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards