Kentucky
Options

David's Bridal- Lexington

I have and appt @ DB in lexington in about a week and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect in my appt. Like:How many dresses can i try on? How long will the appt last? Were they friendly?

Re: David's Bridal- Lexington

• Options
    PoppPopp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it was anything like my appointment they were rude, condescending, and of no help. Long story. I would seriously try another David's Bridal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you can avoid a Saturday or Sunday, I suggest you do so.I had hit and miss experiences with DBs.  The one in Franklin, TN was outstanding, the one in Louisville sucked.  It's like Wal-Mart...drive another few blocks and you might have a completely different experience.My sister purchased her dress from that location and said she didn't have any problems.You can try on as many dresses as you like, but remember one key thing:  Your budget.  Don't waste your time trying on dresses you cannot afford.  This will probably piss your consultant off, too....A good consultant will let you look around and then bring dresses to youBring anything you plan to wear under your dress with you -  like Spanx or hosiery.  They do sell those bustier bras, but mine was ridiculously uncomfortable. You might find something better in a department store or VS or something...  Also, bring some shoes (even if you haven't picked out YOUR wedding shoes), so you can get a feel for how much alteration to the hemline  you may need (if any) depending on the height of your heel. (I wore a 2 inch heel for the ceremony, changed into kitten heels for the reception). Take pictures and have a trusted friend with you.  They should be brutally honest with you.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Elvira19Elvira19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started my dress shopping at the Davids Bridal in Lexington and I cant say anything fantastic about them but also nothing horrible. I changed my mind so many times and they were okay with that. I even bought a dress then exchanged for another last week. They can be flexible.My advice is to not go on a weekend. Go in the evening or something during the week when its empty. Take Pictures!!!!The best advice I can give about Davids Bridal is to walk around and if you like it, dont wait for the consultant to pick it up. Grab it and try it on!!!! They often will work with more than one bride at a time.
  • Options
    ukjenn231ukjenn231 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went in David's without even having an appt and they were very nice. In fact, they were more helpful than the one I went to in Louisville. I felt like the girl that helped me really tried to make sure I was happy, even though she did try to sell me all the extras, shoes, bra, veil, etc. that day. But when I said no thanks that was enough.
  • Options
    ukjenn231ukjenn231 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, but have some styles in mind and give direction about what you do and don't like. When I went first in Louisville, I told the girls that I was getting married on a beach and wanted something appropriate for that. All they kept giving me was long dresses with trains, so I thought that must be all they had. I looked at the catalog at home that night and then went to the Lexington David's and asked for some beachy dresses like in the catalog. The girl in Lex brought out a bunch of short and tea length dresses, which is much more what I had in mind.
  • Options
    tncomb00tncomb00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with my sister to the David's Bridal in Lexington to try on dresses and the consultant was really nice.  She brought out as many dresses as my sister asked for and wasn't pushy or anything.  I want to second what was said above about them often working with more than one bride at a time, be prepared to share the consultant.I went to the one in Louisville a couple times and tried on dresses, and they were nice to me, but again, not the most personalized service.  However, they have no restrictions about cameras like some bridal shops do, so you can take all the pics you like and look at them later, which I found helpful.  I didn't really feel any pressure, but that may have just been the consultant I worked with.  I would emphasize that you're still in the process of looking so you can easily deflect any pressure to buy.  That's what I did, and it worked like a charm :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from there, and I wouldn't say that my whole experience was bad, just my consultant. Rebecca was absolutely awful. She was trying to sell dresses to me and 3 other brides at the same time so she would leave me for well over 30 minutes, come back for 3, leave for 30 more. I'm not exaggerating on this, either. The store wasn't that busy, and I get that she needs to make money(I work in retail too), but in the wedding business where you should cater to your brides because they're likely to spend MORE money, she was just awful. Had she been working on me and another girl it would be a different story, I wouldn't be so upset. At the end of the day we put money down on the dress and bought my veil and slip. Well, they had to order the slip and told me it'd be about 3 weeks. 3 weeks later I called back and they didn't have that order on my account even though my mom had paid for it. After them telling me that I didn't order that and all this crap, the lady manager there pulls all the receipts from that day and Rebecca had sold my veil, and ordered my slip under another brides name! They had actually even called that bride and told her that her slip was in! Thank goodness she was an honest girl because someone of lesser morals would have taken that slip and run. I was there at Davids Bridal yesterday with one of my bridesmaids and Nathan, the other manager, was fantastic. He steered me clear of Rebecca and was very, very understanding and kind about the whole situation. He helped us pick out bridesmaids dresses and everything. He's fantastic! I just wish that all of the consultants there would take a look at him and see what they are supposed to be doing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Davids Bridal first to try on dresses and got in without an appointment on a Thursday afternoon around 5ish. I thought that was great !! The sales associate helping me turned out not to be so great. She wasn't helpful at all. I told her NO princess poufball dresses because that just isn't me and that's what she continued to bring out. She eventually disappeared and a guy ended up helping me and brought out a halter style satin dress which i loved but wasn't 100% sold on. My MOH recently got engaged and after finding her "dress" at another bridal salon went to try on dresses at Davids and had a totally different experience and ended up with a dress from Davids instead of the one at Wedding Wonderland.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards