Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Reasonable Venues on the Cape

Hello Ladies.. I got married 2 years ago and havent been on here since... i got married in cental, ma. however, a friend of mine is recently engaged and wants to get married "reasonably" on or near the cape/shore - preferbly near/on some water. I was just hopipng that you guys could shoot out some places for me since i am not familiar with the cape area at all. Ive looked at the ones the knot has listed but was hoping for some less known ones maybe? thanks for any ideas......
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Re: Reasonable Venues on the Cape

• edited December 2011
    Prices vary a lot amongst venues.  But just as important are the date she gets married (ie which season), the day of the week and the guest count.  To give an example, my venue (the Wequassett) isn't known as "reasonable," but I got married the weekend before Memorial Day, which kept the per person cost a lot lower, and my guest count was only 70 people.  Good luck!
  • htibor5htibor5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at The Falmouth Yacht Club 10-10-09. And I can't wait!! You do not need to be members here to hold a function. Their room rental fee was $2000, and the have a variety of pricing starting at about $30/person. There are no cakes fees or any hidden fees. Its a beautiful location, one side of the building faces the ocean and the other faces the opening to Falmouth Harbor and it has wrap around decks. You can also use their private beach(across street) for the ceremony at no extra cost. Since its is a very busy yacht club, the only problem is that they only hold weddings there in September and October. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or want the clubs # and managers name. HTibor5 at AOL dot com Tell your friend Good Luck! :]
  • edited December 2011
    I picked capt linnell house - it's near enough to the water that you can have your ceremony there (or just pics) and it's beautiful. The prices includes a lot and helps take care of a lot of planning you'd otherwise have to deal with. We;re doing it on a Sunday to cut down on price. Also, Arturo's (?I may be misremembering and don't have my binder with me) at Kingsway is really super-reasonably priced. And it's on the golf course, which is beautiful. I'm not sure about proximity to water, but the owner is so nice and flexible, it may be worth checking out. We chose CLH just b/c it felt right - no other concrete reason.
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at the following place in the Upper Cape, and they all seem pretty affordable:- The Beachmoor Inn (it's on the waterfront in Buzzards Bay, mainland side of the Canal)- Aqua Grille (on the Canal in Sandwich); more of a restaurant-casual feel- The Brookside Club (overlooks the golf course and the Cape side of the Canal, not too far from the Bourne Bridge)- Sea Crest Resort in N. FalmouthDepends on what you're looking for, and how deep into the Cape your friend needs to be.  We decided to go with The Brookside Club, and it's working out great for us so far.  HTH!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    we got married in may at the red jacket beach resort, which is in yarmouth.  the hotel is located on its own private beach.  I thought they were very reasonably priced, and the package includes the cake.  They have a variety of menu options too.i thought they were fabulous to work with throughout the whole process. let me know if you have any specific questions!
  • edited December 2011
    I was looking at the seacrest for my wedding, and they were reasonably priced, but are closing the hotel in November to do a major multi-million dollar renovation, and they will now be in the $80-$100+pp range, plus the ceremony fee (and I think there were a few other fees too, but I don't have their spreadsheet they sent over anymore).   We are having our wedding at the Surf & Sand Motel in S. Yarmouth - waterfront, small hotel on the same strip of nantucket sound as the Blue Water, Riviera, and Red Jacket - but not as advertised so they are less expensive.  They also don't advertise that they hold weddings, which cuts the cost down.  They also own Skippy's Pier 1 in S. Yarmouth (about a mile from the hotel) which is on a marina, and including hors d'oeuvres we're coming in around $40pp - no cake cutting fee, no ceremony fee.  They just have a minimum head count (125 for afternoon, 175 for evening) because they close the restaurant for your wedding.HTH
  • edited December 2011
    That's interesting about the Seacrest. We looked at it briefly back in May and only chatted for a couple of minutes with one of the managers (we had already pretty much decided on Brookside but were still peeking around). He didn't mention the renovations (may not have been planned yet, plus he was in the middle of another function at the time), but yeah that seems like a bit of a price shift.

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    The told us about the renovations in January.  They're closing from November -May this year, it is a much needed renovation, unfortunately it bumps them up a price bracket in terms of cost.  Our rough estimate from them almost doubled (about $16000 for this summer to over $28000 for next summer)
  • ARez726ARez726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my ceremony at Heritage Museums and Gardens in Sandwich (http://www.heritagemuseumsandgardens.org/). The place is absolutely gorgeous and reasonably priced. There are several garden areas to have your ceremony and/or reception at. We chose to have our ceremony next to a windmill among flowers. Also, the woman who coordinates the weddings there is super nice.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Cape Codder in Hyannis - there isnt a water view, but they do provide an option for a beach wedding. They will secure all your permits, as well as a 42-passenger shuttle to get your guests back and forth. I also really liked the folks at the Coonamessett Inn - unfortunately, the date we wanted was already booked for the big room, and the smaller room just wasn't going to work for us. Had it been available, I really would have had a tough choice going elsewhere. I'm also having my wedding on a Sunday, for sentimental reasons rather than economics - the date I chose was my late grandfather's birthday. The bonus in that is that I am finding that the venues have been willing to be a little more flexible with pricing, packages, etc. My grandfather would have LOVED that its a bargain! ;) I looked at the Red Jacket, and I found their rep to be, in a word, disinterested when she met with us. In all the other places we looked, the folks we talked to were warm, talked about the options available to us, and how they were willing to mix-and-match things from different menus to get the wedding we wanted. When we toured the Red Jacket, we went out to the beach, and I think she expected us to be so in love with the view that things like the menu, the room, the ameneties, and the setup to become secondary. We wanted to do a clambake, because there will be many out-of-town guests and I thought it would be a fun, and a little more casual feel (which is what I am looking for.) At the Red Jacket, It was explained that they "just don't do that", but do a lobster dinner at $100 per person. She then suggested the Blue Water, their sister property down the street - whch she explained "might be more in our price range". An absolute insult - the hallways smelled, we couldnt get a good look at the room because of a function going on, and she made us feel like we weren't worthy of even revisiting the Red Jacket as an option. My fiance and matron of honor were more offended than I was - and he couldn't drive away fast enough when we finished.
  • edited December 2011
    Harbor Light in Yarmouth is awesome.  Really reasonably priced (around 30$ per person), very accommodating, on the water (with amazing views during dinner/ cocktail hour), and the owner is the nicest, most knowledgable guy!  This one is a best kept secret.  I didn't choose for my wedding because he didnt have the date I wanted but I def would have otherwise!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards