New York-Upstate

florists are insane

So i have been meeting with different florists cause i wanted to get a good feeling with one of them. i met with one of them today and OMG they are double the amount of the others. and i didn't get a good feeling being in there anyway. sorry just had to vent

Re: florists are insane

• edited December 2011
    Sorry you haven't had luck. Keep looking until you find someone you are comfortable with, as well as the price. GL
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh!  I had that experience too.  I actually laughed in the face of a florist when he gave me the estimate, $20k for flowers.  Are you freaking kidding me?  Just keep looking and you will find someone.  I went with the one that was not the cheapest, but captured my vision best.  He was in the middle of the pack though.  You will find a good fit, I promise!
  • edited December 2011
    20k!!!!!!!  That's crazy!  Good luck on the search- where are you?   What area are you in?
  • jms2010jms2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    annabear, if you don't mind me asking..what florist did you use?? I think I remember reading that you got married in Saratoga Springs and I'm also getting married there.  
  • edited December 2011
    We used Meme's in Corinth and they were great.  Awesome prices too. (pics and review in bio)Good luck!  That's always so frustrating!
    My H&F Blog * H&F Badges

imageimageimage

2010 Highlights
    9/26 Adirondack Marathon 5:11:37 (major knee pain, but hey, I finished!)

2011 Races and Results
    5/29 Buffalo Marathon (5:25 - not pretty, just trying not to get heatstroke!)
    9/25 Adirondack Marathon (take 2!)
    One of these days I'll have a good marathon!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Flethousen's in Niskyuna.  They did a beautiful job with the flowers.  Everyone raved about them.  I worked with Mark specifically, and he was great and very responsive. Yeah the $20k one was ridiculous.  That florist was located in the capital region.  Beautiful arrangements but at a price!
  • jms2010jms2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks..im gonna check them out.  =)
  • edited December 2011
    Ahem, that's Felthousen's not Flethousen's. I need to learn to not Knot before coffee!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards