Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Vegetarian Catering?

I just got engaged and am planning for a Sept '10 wedding.  I'm in Ohio, but planning for most likely Cape Cod.  Must travel to MA to get hitched since we are 2 brides!  We will be doing a budget wedding and probably will not be able to go to MA before the wedding, so I'm quite nervous about that.I am vegetarian (milk and eggs, but no fish), so am hoping for a 50% ish veg meal; many guests are flexitarian/vegetarian as well.  I saw Terra Luna - any others?  Definitely do not want lobster/crab unless they are killed prior to cooking.  Oh, will have a smallish wedding around 50 guests.Thanks!
Photobucket

Re: Vegetarian Catering?

• edited December 2011
    Have you seen this website? www.veggiecatering.com It's not just catering, but they have vendor links, too. Have you ever been to the Cape? If not, you are going to love it! (if you have, then welcome back!)
  • Soon2BaMrsDSoon2BaMrsD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married last weekend in Truro on the Cape. Ours was also a small, lower budget wedding, with many vegetarians in attendance. We used Terra Luna for catering. I won't go into all the details here, but I would suggest avoiding hiring them for catering. I will be doing a full vendor recap as soon as I find the time to write the reviews, but in the meantime, let me know if you'd like any specifics. Do you have a location in mind?
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you both so much for the info!  Actually, I had never been north of NY in the US, but just went on a cruise and stopped in Bar Harbor, Boston and Newport.  But only about 8 hours in each place.  Sadly, I was a bit terrified of Boston after almost getting run over and all the sketchy people and need to wait in a million year line and a key for every bathroom.  Oh and then my partner left a book in a bathroom for 3 minutes and someone had stolen it by then, yikes!  But I was there only hours so would definitely give it another chance.  OH - but I really would love to have a giant Boston creme pie from Legal Sea Foods for the wedding cake ;)Good to know about Terra Luna; I will avoid them.  We haven't decided on a place yet.  Considering at least the ceremony at the UU church in Provincetown.  If you have reception location ideas, please send them along :)  I love the Ocean, so I have high hopes for the Cape!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, don't let that one time in Boston scare you. Yes, we all drive crazy- no denying it. (it's a defensive thing!) The creepy looking people are usually the nice ones. Never look at a bum when you walk by them (cause you sound like you'd feel bad if you didn't throw some change in their cup). The book in the bathroom- well, I don't know what to say. Some people will grab anything left behind for 3 seconds. (let alone 3 whole minutes). I went to a wedding at that church in P Town, about 4 years ago- it was wonderful. I can't remember the name of the place where they had the reception but it was at the very end of the same street. You might guess- PTown will cost you the most money. Check out Falmouth and Hyannis, then check out some smaller towns- Dennis, Yarmouth. There is a drive in movie theatre in Welfleet (one of the few left in the country, cool to check out and say you have seen a movie there. You said Sept. 10, but if you can put it off until October, you may save alot of money.
  • edited December 2011
    Will check out the other places for reception, maybe will look a bit inland if I have to as well.  Unfortunately, partner and I are both in school so we only have the 3 weeks off in September, and then the next available would be December :(  We are aiming for a Sunday wedding though - everybody will be coming from out of town anyway and I think most of my family will spend the whole week. 
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    fulloflove, I have two venue suggestions for you. One is Truro Vineyards, where we had our reception. The other is a private 7-bedroom house in P-town. We rented it for our guests to stay at, but it has a giant deck and has been the site of a number of wedding receptions. When we arrived there we realized we could/should have held our reception there! We had a night-before party there, which was great. The only downside is that there is only parking for 5 cars, but I've heard that others have parked cars at lots in P-town and ran a shuttle to/from the house. If you want to hear more and don't mind posting your email here, I'll give you the lowdown :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ps. the P-town monument is another option for a reception site. We considered it but it was booked for our date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards