Canada

HELP! Hair Trial Fiasco - Long

So I just came back from my hair trial and it was such a disaster! I booked and appointment at the Spa at the Royal York hotel because we're getting ready there, and today was my trial (2 weeks to my wedding) The woman that did my hair was clueless. (I'm so upset I can't even remember her name) I showed her a bunch of pictures of what I wanted and she got all confused because there where too many. I guess she wanted me to come with a single picture of what I had in mind. She just asked if i wanted an updo and started curling my hair with a flat iron, in a addition, she didn't teased my hair at all, just pulled back in a pony tail and proceeded to do the lamest updo I've seen in my life. I could have done it better myself at home. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.... After 45 minutes of me trying to explain to her what I wanted ( a modern updo, no too mom-like) she just assumed the appointment was over and said... on your wedding day I will put more hairspray... I thought in trials you will get a couple of styles to choose from, and I certainly thought the trial would last more than 45 minutes. Am I wrong? I just couldn't believe I had to pay $90 for this. (I generally avoid conflicts, so I just paid the bill and left). But I'm canceling all the appointments we had for my wedding day (7 girls in total). Just to make sure I wasn't being a bridezilla I went to see my MOH and showed her my "updo" she agreed it was a disaster. BTW, hair was coming off after 15 minutes of leaving the salon. I'm trying not to freak out, because I promised myself I will be calmed no matter what, but I need your help, Please let me know if you know a good hairdresser in Toronto you can recommend. My wedding is Oct 10. Thanks girls!!! [img]http://i35.tinypic.com/358xp1w.jpg[/img] [img]http://i38.tinypic.com/m93or4.jpg[/img] [img]http://i38.tinypic.com/2j6tdl.jpg[/img]

Re: HELP! Hair Trial Fiasco - Long

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hair girl was fantastic, and way cheaper than that too. And she'll travel to wherever you are. Dunno if she's available... but give her a shout.Czarina at Project Pose - [url]http://www.projectpose.com[/url]You can mention that I referred you if you like, Adriane from August 15 wedding. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't say that was a complete disaster, but I can total understand that you're not satisfied. Her attitude was ridiculous. I just went to my normal stylist, so I'm not really much help, but good luck!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ring_Pop your girl is available! :)I'm scheduling a trial.  Thanks for the contact!Any advice?
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh that's great! No big advice I can think of... I emailed her a few pics before the trial, but she came with lots of magazines for me to look at as well. And she actually did 2 different styles for me because I told her I was undecided. Just feel free to speak up, she's really open to suggestions.Yay!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A trial is usually a variation of what you'll do on your wedding day - but you don't get multiple hairstyles in that one sitting to choose from. 45 minutes sounds reasonable.I don't think the hair is a complete disaster, but it's pretty simple (I'm pretty sure I can do that) and obviously you weren't looking for this look. She does sound very unprofesh and $90 for a trial is not cheap!! Glad you got a new girl! Referrals are the best way to go, at least you have ring_pop's approval from her. Just be clear in what you want, and show her these pics and tell her this is what you DON'T want. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    While I don't think it's a COMPLETE disaster, I can completely see why you weren't happy. It looks kinda messy and very lopsided. Ring_pop's hair was gorgeous, so I'm sure her girl will do an amazing job. Maybe take the pictures you were using for inspiration to the new trial, AND take these pictures, as an example of what you don't want it to look like. That might help narrow down what you are looking for.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I agree with your assessment (though perhaps less harshly). Yay Ringy for a connection!
  • sugiepiesugiepie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try tristan at toni and guy in yorkville that's who I am using
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your advice... and, yes, maybe I was a little harsh, but honestly I think what bother me the most about this whole experience was the hair dresser's attitude.  She just didn't care at all about my thoughts or opinion.   Way to go,  they just lost my business,  which meant 7 girls, at $90 a piece... Ouch!  (On a funny note, I just called to cancel all the appointments, and they didn't even asked why, maybe they have so much business through the Hotel, they just don't care)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards