Illinois-Chicago
Options

Weather in May?

I'm sure this is a common subject. We're planning on having our wedding in May of 2010, near Yorkville, outdoors with a pavilion. Anyone remember what the weather was like this May (2009)?Thanks in advance for your help (and predictions)!

Re: Weather in May?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding May 16th 2009 and it was a beautiful day (low 70s, sunny, but windy) however May is really hit or miss - the week leading up to my wedding rain was forecast and it poured the day before the wedding.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think May this year was really nice for the most part with a week of rain or so...I'm praying for good weather too!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HA!  You're funny.  My wedding was May 30th this year.  For the most part May was great...I remember thinking every weekend it was so nice that I was scared the weather gods would have wasted the nice weather by the time my weekend came.  It was a gorgeous day....May is pretty mild.Check weather.com though...they have average temps and weather for all times of the year and locations...it's a helpful tool, but weather is never normal these days ever is it : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you can check may historically how it does weatherwise in that farmer almanac.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in May as well.  Chicago is just so unpredictable.  We had our engagement party on June 6th and it was around 45 degrees and spitting rain and the next day was 65 and sunny.  Good luck!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    our wedding is May 16th, 2010...I was worried about the weather as well, so I decided against being optomistic that it would be great weather, and we have our reception inside.  May is always tricky, you can have a great day or not, no matter what the year before has been...I actually checked the weather for 3 years prior, and it really was different every year!!!  GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married May 23rd and the wedding day was 72 and sunny...absolutely perfect weather!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This year we had two freakishly warm weekends that hit to the upper 80s but it was typically Chicago spring weather. Not too cold, not too hot.  We are having a May 1st just for the reason.
  • Options
    lmb5109lmb5109 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married May 1st this year. It was 60 and cloudy the whole day, made for great pictures and no sweating in my dress!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards