Maine

Hi Everyone

Id like to introduce myself and ask for some help. Im planning a 2010 wedding and looking for a combo ceremony and reception site. I am looking for something around the lakes region (windham,casco, raymond) or Portland. I need it be somewhat affordable. And heres where I run into my problem, I want either somewhere I can put up a tent or that doesnt look like a hotel or confrence room. Ive looked into some lodges but their all $$$. Im also trying to find a rental home that would allow a wedding.Any ideas?

Re: Hi Everyone

• edited December 2011
    Hi there,I'm having mine at Mariner's Church Banquet Center and it is pretty affordable.  Only $500 to rent the place, and then the food is either dinner or buffet.  You can have a Sunday brunch for around $10 per person!  I don't think it looks like a hall, it is in the Old Port, and you could totally have your ceremony there too.  Also, I started to look into a few ski lodges for my wedding near Bethel and that was pretty cheap- Sunday River I think.  They are cheaper in the summer.  There is a place in Leeds, Angel Cove I think, that is fairly affordable too.  My sister looked into it for her wedding.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi & welcome!  I know Autumn is getting married in the area at a camp next summer in Raymond, but I can't remember the name of it. Just also keep in mind that tent weddings tend to add up quickly due to all the rentals that go with it.  (dance floor, tables, chairs, linens, plates, glasses etc). 
    Planning bio My DIY blog The Maine Bio

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Jaime has read 18 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! My FI and I are getting married at Shawnee Peak in Bridgton (nor too far from Raymond, I think), and it's very affordable! If you use them as your caterer, they waive the room rental fee as long as you hit $2,000 in food, and ceremony on site is $300. We are hoping to do our ceremony outside, but you can also do it in a nice room separate from the reception room. They also have a big lodge/guest house they rent out that sleeps about 40 people -- we are using it as our rehearsal dinner and after party place, as well as offering it to our bridal party and friends as a place to crash over the weekend.FI and I looked at a lot of places, and Shawnee Peak was by far the most affordable. Sunday River and other ski lodge places not only charge a few hundred in room rental fees, but the cheapest food package at Sunday River was like $43. Shawnee Peak's food starts under $20.It's definitely casual/rustic, so if you're looking for fancy (I'm assuming not), it's probably not for you. But it was the best deal FI and I found, and we thought the location was beautiful!If you want more info, you can email me at willandmindy AT gmail DOT com.GL!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I forgot to mention, Shawnee Peak only does weddings from June to the first weekend of October.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards