Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

tuesday wedding

hi all, i have been reading the posts and this is my first time writing. i am thinking of booking my wedding at caesars palace for tuesday december 28, 2010. my question is, is it rude to expect guests to come to a tues wedding and have to take off? i am from nyc and my thinking is that it is after xmas and before new years, so people could still be home for the holidays. whats your opinions on a tuesday wedding in vegas?

Re: tuesday wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married Tuesday, December 1, 2009. I'm from Canada so I figured everyone would have to travel anyway to attend so it wouldn't really matter what day it was on. Plus, packages to Vegas are cheaper mid-week.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fi and I are planning on having our wedding on a Monday or Tuesday. I think it just depends on your guests. I know that the people that will most likely come will have to take a couple days off work regardless, but that many of them would be thankful for a weekday wedding, since it can cut the traveling and hotel costs almost in half. For my guests, saving that money would mean a lot. If your guests wouldn't really care about the price tag, then it might be more convenient for them to come on a weekend. Many of them have kids or are older, so the extra crowd on the weekend might be a hassle for them also.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on a Tuesday and figured that if my guests were wiling to come to Vegas they likely plan on spending some time there. I'm from Canada and it is a 5 hour flight so people wouldn't be just flying in and out for the wedding. They will be making a vacation of it. The savings in hotel costs will be a plus as well.
  • Options
    ShaunaCookShaunaCook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    apparently it is a trend for the canadian brides to get married on tuesdays!  ours is tuesday march 2, 2010.  we figure people have to travel anyway.... why not make a trip of it instead of rushing in for a few days?  we are going for 7 nights, and most of our guests that i have talked to about travel plans are going for at least 4 nights ...
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask your guests.  Many of my guests would be able to get time off mid-week, but it would have been pretty much impossible for my mom.  Friday was a good compromise for us.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are holding our wedding on a tuesday. Most of our guests are flying out on Sunday (cheaper date to fly) and flying back on Thursday (also a cheaper date to fly).
  • Options
    Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also are getting married on a Tuesday. We fly out on Monday (it was cheaper for both the flight and hotel during the week). Some of our guests are choosing to fly out Saturday and stay until the following Saturday. I wouldn't consider it rude, as pp mentioned... If they are going to pay to go to Vegas for your wedding, they are probably going to plan on staying and making a vacation out of it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're getting married on a tuesday.  most of our guests are from philly.  we gave them over a year's time notice.  most of our guests will be flying in either saturday or sunday and had no problem taking time off from work because of the advance notice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've got no problem with weekday weddings in Vegas... that's when the better travel deals are!  :) that said, i'd likely not be traveling 3 days after Christmas. It's also very expensive time in Vegas with NYE being the busiest/craziest time of the year there.
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're from England and are getting married on a Tuesday because people will need to be there for at least a few days anyway. Plus, one of our GM is a teacher and can't take time off during term time, so we had to pick a day in the middle of a school holiday
  • Options
    zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that said, i'd likely not be traveling 3 days after Christmas. It's also very expensive time in Vegas with NYE being the busiest/craziest time of the year there. I was just going to say this. It's not the day of the week that's going to make people balk, it's the time of year you chose -- this is often the busiest time of year for most people. For a lot of people it's also the only time of the year that they get to spend with their families. Keep in mind your DW is going to be at the bottom of their lists.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married on a Tues. and we had 36 people attend.  It was less expensive that way as far as hotels and we also got married Dec 2 which is a cheaper time of year in Vegas.  I agree with pp though as far as things can get expensive around NYE.  I think it is totally up to you.  You may also run into problems with people with kids as they will be out of school for the holidays and they may want to bring them or they would have to find a babysitter to stay with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married on a Thursday. Most of the people we invited can take the time off work or are retired. The friends we are having that are our age are either taking the time off work or work from home (working more earlier in the week to make up for it, etc.)We didn't hear any complaints about the Thursday, especially since it is Vegas. It would be harder to pull off a Thursday wedding in North Carolina or Indiana, for example, our other two options for locations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that said, i'd likely not be traveling 3 days after Christmas. It's also very expensive time in Vegas with NYE being the busiest/craziest time of the year there. I was just going to say this. It's not the day of the week that's going to make people balk, it's the time of year you chose -- this is often the busiest time of year for most people. That is what I was going to say, so it's worth re-posting.  However, you know your guests better than any of us. Take into consideration, if you haven't already, how your guests will feel about holiday travel.  As for the Tuesday, you are fine.  As many have pointed out, people will have to take time off to travel to Vegas anyway.  We're getting married on a Thursday evening, so people can fly in that day and only have to take 2 days off from work since they probably won't be working on the weekend anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i hear you guys and agree. however, i am stuck with that time of year. my fiance is in a school program and that is his only significant vacation, so unfortunately thats when we can do it. i guess before i book it, i will talk to my relatives and see how they feel. thanks for the advice
  • Options
    sjcbgsjcbg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got married on a tuesday although i didn't have any guests...people get married all hours of the day and night out there no matter what day it is!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards