Jewish Weddings

where to hang your ketubah?

where is everyone hanging theirs? options i havein the living roomover the bed we sharein the foyerdining roomwhat are your thoughts.

Re: where to hang your ketubah?

• edited December 2011
    I don't like the idea of anything heavy over a bed. My parents have theirs on a wall beside (facing) their bed.If you have no other walls in your bedroom then I would go for foyer or living room.Not sure where ours will go yet. We'll be moving before or after the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    in the foyer we plan to hang ours. it looks like we have the same photographer and are both in Chicago!
  • edited December 2011
    Most likely in our foyer or dining room.
  • edited December 2011
    In our apt, we had it over our bed. When we bought our house, we painted the dining room to complement all our "jewish" art..ketubah, print from Israel, etc. SO now it hangs in there....we also keep most of our Judaica in there in my grandparents china cabinet...
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • edited December 2011
    Ours is to the side and above our bed (really, above the nightstand, but we have a pretty tall headboard, so it wouldn't look good directly above it).  Personally, I like having it in our bedroom because it's the first thing we see when we get up and the last when we go to sleep, and it's a reminder of our commitment to each other  - and on a more shallow note, the style of it complements our bedroom decor.  My Mom and Stepdad have theirs in their formal living-room, and my Stepmom and Dad have theirs in their den.  I think it's a matter of personal preference.
  • edited December 2011
    I've already got a spot picked out in the living room.  :-)  I'm not a big fan of the bedroom, though I like the thought of seeing it upon rising and laying down each day; but when we have family over, I like the idea that they can see it and have it serve as a constant reminder that we are now a couple.
  • edited December 2011
    I think we're planning on hanging ours in the living room. Either above the fireplace or on another empty wall.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    right now its hanging above our bed, when we move i am thinking of moving it to a different spot where more people can enjoy it though.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ShoshieShoshie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is in the dining room next to our kitchen door. :>)
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • MoFreeMoFree member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ketubah is hung over our bed. I love seeing it when I wake up in the morning. I don't want to have it on view in a more public place because I feel it's something just between my husband and me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We have ours in our living room so we can share it with all the guests we welcome into our home. LadyGaudet I noticed we too had the same photographer. I love your siggy pic. Lots of Chicago knotties on this board!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards