Ohio-Cincinnati

Pastor vs. Judge....

Hi ladies!! It's been a while :) I couldn't bear the thought of wedding planning for a good 2 months! My latest predicament involves our choices for an officiant. I have been planning to have a pastor from a church I used to attend officiate our service. His fee is $250 which isn't bad. However, FI's dad is a judge here in the county and 3 months ago I was asking FI if he thought if his dad would want to officiate since he had done weddings in the past.. he never asked him.... until yesterday, after I had everything taken care of with the Pastor, he says, "well maybe we could save the money and see if my dad or another one of his pastor or judge friends could do it." His dad hasn't committed to us, but now I don't know if I should keep the Pastor or go with his dad. What do you guys think? Sorry so long!

Re: Pastor vs. Judge....

• kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would consider this- does the dad want to be a part of the wedding in this way, or does he want to just enjoy it. Some parents who can be part of the wedding would prefer to enjoy the day than be part of the day. Just a thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards