Ohio-Cincinnati

Rain ruins everything!!

So not only am I getting cold/cloudy weather for my wedding day, but they're calling for rain the entire week of out honeymoon in Riviera Maya, Mexico!!!! I could just cry!!!! What a waste of money to go some place where all you want to do is lay on the beach and then be forced inside the entire time!!! I don't even want to go now.

Re: Rain ruins everything!!

• kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    trust me -  in those areas in Mexico they usually call for rain. It will rain every day, however, its only for a few minutes in the afternoon. Dont stress. I was only inside one day out of 9 and it called for rain every day.
  • mollyfayemollyfaye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's where we have decided to go for our honeymoon too. What resort did you choose if you don't mind? We've got it down to 2 that we really like.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually love it when it rains in Riviera Maya. It's not as hot but it's still totally warm enough to go in the water. And I'm sure it won't rain the entire day so you'll get at least half a day of sun. Don't worry, you'll be with your new hubby and have food and drinks and the beautiful Caribbean. It'll be wonderful.
  • edited December 2011
    I got married this past Saturday and it rained as well. The rain broke for a bit but it was still cloudy. The sun only came out for a little bit. It wasn't hot but it wasn't super cold and I LOVED IT! To look on the bright side, I had a long conversation with my photographer about how rainy/cloudy days make for better pictures. Maybe that will make you feel better...
  • aWbaWb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erin I am right there with you.  I keep watching the forecast and it keeps changing.  We are going to St. Lucia and it is calling for rain every day too.  But I have been told it will not rain but for a few minutes.  I agree with cloudy day pictures.  Our engagement pictures where taken between rain showers and they where great and yours were taken in the rain right?  Plus remember: It is good luck if it rains on your wedding day.
  • mjc468mjc468 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Things should work out just fine...it rained in RM when i was there in june-july, but it only was for like an hour in the late afternoon. The trip is so worth it, I'd go back in a heart beat. GL this weekend!
  • tia0314tia0314 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erin Dont' worry- Mexico will be great! It called for rain the entire week of our trip as well and it rained for about 10 minutes 1 day. The weather was beautiful. Even if it does rain- get in the pool and hang out at the swim up bar. Oh- I assume tehy have the same drinks at all the palace resorts- I Highly reccomend the "Bannana Monkey" yum!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Mrs42509Mrs42509 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It said it was going to rain the entire week of our honeymoon and it rained one day for about 10 min.  Never was even cloudy.   
  • edited December 2011
    Erin- Meteorology is the only job where you can be wrong 75% of the time and still not get fired!!!! They are always wrong. They said it would rain on my wedding day- and it was beautiful and sunny!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards