California-Los Angeles

What happens to the flowers after its all over????

So I was wondering what happens to the flowers after the reception is over? Do guest get to take them? i would want my guest to take them but i dont know if thats something thats done.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Ay, Amor, Tu Eres Mi Religion.... -MANA Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: What happens to the flowers after its all over????

• edited December 2011
    if you want people to take them, just have your DJ or MC make an announcement at the end of the night that they are up for grabs. :) we couldnt do that w/ ours because they were rented, but i have been to plenty of weddings where they do give them away.
  • edited December 2011
    If you are thinking of your centerpieces, guest tend to take those home. Some family usually calls dibs pretty early in the reception. At least that's what I've experienced, are you think of other decorations around the ceremony that you will be transferring to the reception? I'm sure if you offer them to your guest, I'm sure more than likely somebody will be more than happy to take it. (if no one has called dibs :) ) HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    My mom ran around handing centerpieces out to people as the night came to an end, and my grandmother stole both of our HUGE altar arrangements and stuffed them in the backseat of her car.  If you let people know, they will definitely take them! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our florist owned the vases the flowers were in so we didn't have any of the guests take them home. My dad and FIL took all the flowers (and I mean ALL the flowers) and decorated our honeymoon cottage with them (we stayed at the inn where the wedding was). It was a beautiful setting for us to come into after the reception. The next day we wrapped a lot of the centerpieces with wet paper towels and took them to my parents and in-laws homes for them to enjoy. The large arrangements we left at the inn for them to decorate the victorian houses with.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ericaberryyericaberryy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jadore, thats what i was thinking too, what happens if the vases are owned by the florist... Guess I will ask the florist if i can purchase the vases so the guest can just take them, hope they arent too much $$. Thanks ladies. Lots of good ideas to let the guest know they can take the flowers.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Ay, Amor, Tu Eres Mi Religion.... -MANA Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Well if I remember correctly knottie vans is borrowing the vases, so what could happen since your guest will want the flowers just have the DJ or maybe the parents please take the flowers and leave the vases. Or have the parents just hand out the flower arrangements? If you don't have to spend the $ on vases I wouldn't!
  • edited December 2011
    We had guests take them home.You can also donate them to a local nursing home.
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    xxquemirasxx is right! I'm borrowing the vases from my florist, he will be making the floral piece removable so that the guests only take the flowers. I will be letting the dj or DOC to let the guests know not to take the vases. Or maybe we will announce it to the winners, when we do the centerpiece game. HTH!
  • Soon2B Mrs.VSoon2B Mrs.V member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We told certain people to take them.
  • Venetian10Venetian10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm putting a note under 1 plate per table and who ever sits there gets the center piece.
  • edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding where they announced whomever sitting at the table whose birthday was closest to the current date won the centerpiece.  It was cute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards