New Jersey - South

Questions about South Jersey Florists

Hello ladies, this is only my second post so I apologize if I am posting something that has already been discussed a lot. My questions: 1) What florists are you/did you use in the South Jersey (Ocean city-Galloway) area and why? 2) What is a reasonable amount to pay (I know this depends on the size on the wedding I just want an estimate) My wedding is in July 2010. This August I went to a consultation at a florist I love, everything went well but they have not contacted me and it is almost October..is that weird? Every one I have dealt with from bands to photographers has been prompt and so nice, I just think its strange they haven't responded (even after I have sent an e-mail) Anyway thank you!

Re: Questions about South Jersey Florists

• EatonpoosayEatonpoosay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mums the Word in Marlton is the best. Hands down. Nobody comes close!
  • PhillyGirl885PhillyGirl885 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I have not seen alot of florist posts here so I do not think you need to be sorry.I am using Grove Floral Shop in Deptford.  My sister used them and a few of her friends did too and their flowers looked amazing!  She said that they were really helpful during her wedding planning. 
  • karen1424karen1424 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used county seat florist in mayslanding and my reception was in galloway. I was very happy with JOhn the owner and his prices were great. I ended up paying around $3,000 but I had alot of arrangements and large ones at that. I think it is werid that they didn't email you-I would take that as evidence of how they normally conduct buisness, I might see that as a red flag.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to.. Mums the Word, Haddonfield Floral, Michael Bruce, Grove Floral Shop, Aversa's and Jennifer Designs.  I just sent my deposit in for Grove Floral Shop, Sue is THEE best she will work with you without taking away certain flowers and I know 2 other brides who used her and just loved the results.  She will do the quote right there, like Mums the Word, but will do a price breakdown which I appreciated.  She is probably about 40 minutes from Galloway.  :)
  • skmrc10/09skmrc10/09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Debbie's Floral is great! She is the nicest lady and will definitely work with you to get the flowers and the price you want. She is in Berlin.
  • edited December 2011
    Betina's Garden in Galloway is amazing and awesome prices!
    Pregnant with twins! :-) BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Meghan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Betina's Garden for my October wedding. She is GREAT. And easy to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    I wish I could give better feedback about them but I am meeting with them in a few weeks and will know more. We are using Lilies florist in Galloway. They are included with our package. I spoke with Jennifer Warriner who was very nice and helpful.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your responses! I am calling Betina's Garden today. The shop where I bought my dress recommended them also. Do you mind telling me around how much your flowers are? I know every wedding is different I just want a ballpark figure. Thanks!
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Mums the Word in Marlton.  Maria has been great so far.
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Aversa's in Glendora (near blackwood where I live)  I'm getting red rose bouquet for me, dozen white rose bouquet for 2 BM, flowers for Blessed mother in church, flowers for moms and grandmoms and throw away for $350.  I think its a good deal especially in February.
  • amie1978amie1978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Mums the Word in Marlton.  She is great to deal with.  She also gives you a mock bouquet to take to your trial.
  • edited December 2011
    we used michelle of primrose florist in somers point.  i love her.  her personality is awesome and i thought our flowers were beautiful.  we paid about 2300 for 16 centerpieces, sweetheart table flowers, a big entrance table arrangement, 20 aisle decorations, a big arrangement over the trellis, 4 bouquets, two corsages and 7 boutonnieres.  i think that's it.  i highly recommend going to talk to her. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards