Plus-Sized
Options

Dress shopping last night :( Long

My first post on this board (I normally lurk :)).  I went dress shopping for the first time last night and it was pretty dissappointing.  I went to David's Bridal and when I booked the appointment they told me to go online and find some 'favorites' to show the consultant when I got there.  I found lots in my size and price range online (and some were online exclusives but many were in stores too).  The consultant didn't even LOOK at my favorites. 

I tried on 5 dresses (all over my budget).  I did actually end up like 2 but I'm upset online made it look like there'd be lots of tions for my budget and size.  The consultant said right in  the beginning my 'size and budget would really limit you'. :(  It looks like I'll be shopping online for my dress which is scary in an of itself.  I don't plan on searching for custom made ones overseas or anything (i've heard horror stories). 

Any advice on where to look?  Is there anywhere I can actually try these dresses on?  I guess in wedding dresses I'm an 18 (jeans are 14 or 16 usually) or 16W- I tired both sizes on and they seemed to work.  And I really want to keep my price around $300.  Has anyone bought a DB dress onine without trying it on? 
Sorry for the rant. Thank you ladies!

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
Photobucket
April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates

Re: Dress shopping last night :( Long

• Options
    Thanks everyone!  I found a boutique that specializes in plus nearby.  Prices will be stretching it BUT at least I'll be able to try stuff on.  I might try another DB store and I will definitely be checking out ebay/2nd hand if I find a style I love :) 

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • Options
    I just looked on Alfred Angelo's site, and it appears that they sell their bridesmaid dresses in white and ivory. Some of them look like bridal gowns (style 6554, 6495, and 6546).

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Don't feel bad when I went to DB I told them nothing over $300 and then my size being a 16/18, I had 3 dresses to try on.  Yep out of those 3 I was okay with 2 and finally settled on my dress.  There are no othe stores close by that I can shop at and as mentioned we are on a tight budget.  I would have gotten after her to getting dresses that are out of your budget, that is just stupidity.  Stand up for yourself, don't feel bad for making them to THEIR JOB!!!  We all have to work for a living.  Good Luck!
    Junebride12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards