Plus-Sized

Frustrated big girl

I keep hearing everybody talk about spanx and everything but I'm a 30/32 in Avenue clothing. I'm bottom heavy and need something to suck in the rolls with super duper suck it in. I don't want a slip or a full on body suit, just one that I can wear my own bra with.

I like the spanx called Higher Power and the simplicity open bust mid thigh bodysuit, but I'm not sure if they would fit.

Any suggestions?
Anniversary

Re: Frustrated big girl

• Get the largest size spanx higher power.  In spanx sizing, I would probably be a D or E, but, when I buy them, they are way to big and they don't tuck me in as well.  I usually get a C.    Also, they have the old style "higher power" and now the "in-power" line, which is supposed to give more support.  It's rated "super" in their slimming categories.

You may not even need the absolute biggest size, depending on your body shape.
    Check out the size chart on this.

In-Power™ Line Super Higher Power

http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4058277&cp=2992553.3010055&parentPage=family

I know these things are expensive.. but, you may have to buy a couple of them in different styles/sizes to see which ones work the best for you.
  • I like Spanx to smooth, but I've never felt like they really sucked in as much as I would like. I also hate the feeling of them rolling up at my waist, I think that in trying to make the seams invisible it makes the top not as reinforced as I'd like. I have an old-school actual girdle that I swear by. I'll probably get a waist cincher for the wedding. Unless your dress has a more dramatic dropped waist or is a mermaid, you probably won't need as much on your thighs as you will on your lower belly and waist. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_frustrated-big-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:d09de2e8-d51d-4e62-80af-54ee7bc9e89ePost:e0ec4b0f-8088-4912-b547-0a0e555cdbf0">Re: Frustrated big girl</a>:
    [QUOTE]I  I have an old-school actual girdle that I swear by. I'll probably get a waist cincher for the wedding. Unless your dress has a more dramatic dropped waist or is a mermaid, you probably won't need as much on your thighs as you will on your lower belly and waist. 
    Posted by divinemsbee[/QUOTE]

divine.... what type of old school girdle do you have?  I was thinking of buying one, just to try as an alternative to my spanx. My dress is fit & flare and chiffon, so I'm not sure I can do an old school girdle without the boning showing through... but, I wanted to give it a try, but had no idea where to start.  Suggestions?
  • I am a big girl as well. I was looking for something too that sucked it all in but I did not want the bra included. I have this shapewear slip that does just that but I bought it a few years ago and now it is too small. I found one just like it online only in a bigger size. I am a 3x girl but I bought this one in a 2x which is the biggest they had and I love it. It does have a builtin panty too. It starts from right under your breasts to above your knees. It stays put and it does not roll when you sit. I bought it at www.herroom.com . It's called Bali Powershape Pretty Half Slip 8557. It is on sale right now for $30. I paid $80 for my original one. Here is the link you can go to for this item http://www.herroom.com/bali-8557-powershape-pretty-half-slip.shtml
  • I just know that the spanx type thing i had was the shorts that pulled over the tummy and it is the hardest thing in the world to get on.. i think ive worn it twice and it takes a long time to get on. i would try to try it on before you buy anything if possible. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards