Wedding Woes
Options

WWWWD Kitchen-esque question

A few months ago DH put some frozen ground beef into our dutch oven/large stock pot type pan.  He left a plastic spatuala in the pan, too, and walked away for something like an hour.  The meat turned completely black, the spatula melted.  The house stunk for weeks.I washed and soaked and washed the pan some more.  I boiled water in it for several minutes trying to remove the last film of melted plastic, but I'm still scared to use it.  The pan has teflon coating and the spatual was black, so I can't really see anything.  Now this weather is making me want soup something terrible.  We've just been working around using it for the past two months, but I need it.WWWD? Throw it out?  It is a decent quality pan and it is going to be close to $100 to replace it.  orHope that I got all of the bad chemicals out and use it?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: WWWWD Kitchen-esque question

• Options
    i would throw out the pot AND the husband, but y'all know how i am about my cookware.  i nearly cut dh when i saw what he was doing to my 1 qt saucepan.consider one of these -- it's rated by cook's illustrated  as better than le creuset/la squeezit.http://tinyurl.com/yb2josb
  • Options
    Honestly, I would've chucked it already.  I wouldn't have even tried to save it.
  • Options
    Ditto Varuna and hmonkey. H nearly caught the death last week when I heard my serving spoons scraping the bottom of my good stock pot. FWIW, Target's got some nice stock pots on clearance in my area. They're similar to the set we have.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Is your H also the one who left the hamhock out for days?
  • Options
    I'd hit DH in the face with said frying pan, then make him eat something out of it. Or, just throw it away. Better safe than sorry.
  • Options
    The pan needs to go and DH needs to go shopping with you when you buy that 100.00 pan.  I'll bet he'll never have to be reminded again to watch what he cooks.
  • Options
    DH has zero common sense in the kitchen.  And he does not share my frugality, so the price means nothing to him.  He would have just replaced the whole kitchen if it were up to him.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards